News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Too Many Napkins

Started by jay, August 08, 2022, 04:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Sunday, December 31

I was given 9 napkins today.

jay

Sunday, November 5

I was given 15 napkins today.

jay

Monday, October 16

I dined in a restaurant today.  The utensils came wrapped in a napkin.  When the food was delivered to my table, the waitress also dropped off 13 additional napkins.

jay

I ordered some fast food take out yesterday.  When I arrived home, I found 16 napkins in the bag.

jay

I dined at a Liberty Township eatery on Tuesday.  The dining area had a pull-down napkin dispenser.  A woman approached the dispenser a pulled down the lever 12 times and then walked out the door.
Some people must really need napkins.

jay

Tuesday, May 16

Two napkins with utensils when I was seated.

When the dinner was brought to my table, thirteen more napkins arrived.

jay

It just keeps happening.

I purchased a few quarts of ice cream at a Handel's today.  The bag containing the ice cream also contained 14 napkins.

jay

It happened again.

This time I was given 15 napkins.

Why?Town

Those extras should never go to waste they're kinda like winning the lottery!!!.

I much prefer to receive too many napkins with any meal or even with an ice cream cone. That way I have plenty of them ready to keep me from looking like a slob at any point while eating and even on the way out the door after eating (you never really know what could happen).

I hope that any unused napkins don't just go to the next customer. I fold up what's left and take them as a TO GO napkin order. I also hope everybody does. Again you never really know what could happen so they're usually stashed in my glove box. It's vary rare those don't get used for something.

FWIW, I've been to the Rally's in Warren 3 or 4 times and IIRC I got 1 paper napkin each time. Luckily I had my spares handy.

jay

Slob Report

It happened again today

I decided to dine at a Cornersburg  fast-food restaurant.  After placing my order at the counter, an employee from the kitchen area brough my bag of food to me.  I sat down at a table in the dining area.  When I opened the bag, it not only had the food but 8 napkins.

I wonder just how many napkins (trees) are waisted when eateries give out way too many napkins.

jay

I dined in an Austintown restaurant the other day.  When I was seated, the waitress brought utensils wrapped in a napkin.  I ordered a small pizza.  When the pizza was delivered to my table, the waitress also brought a pile of napkins, ten to be exact. I must have looked like a slob to her.