News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Jobs Expo - Wednesday, September 15

Started by jay, September 13, 2010, 03:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Youngstownshrimp

The private sector at work being productive and networking here.

Rick Rowlands

Go to 249 North Water Avenue in Sharon.  Ask for Tim Sebastian. He has a position open for a planer mill operator and machinist.  Most of his stuff is manual, but he does have a Burgmaster CNC mill.

Take 62 to the PA line, then straight on Irvine Ave. until it dead ends.  The big grey mill building straight ahead is 249 North Water.

Why?Town

Thaks for asking, Rick.

I worked 20 years at General Extrusions. Started out as a laborer then CNC operator. then inspector. The last 14 years were split between CNC foreman and CNC programmer. Horizontal and vertical machining centers, SolidWorks, some AutoCad, Geometric Tolerancing, worked with customers, designed processes and fixtures and all the paperwork accociated with ISO-9002/QS-9000/TS-16949 quality systems.

Rick Rowlands

Whytown, what kind of work are you looking for?  What skillset do you have? 

Why?Town

jay

I hope each of you has a successful job search.

irishbobcat

I'll probably attend as well. But it's frustrating when you talk to folks at employment tables who have no openings to
telll you they are only there because they have to be......

Why?Town

I should add that I'm not letting their trouble with numbers stop me from attending.

Why?Town

I attened lat year's job fair. They advertised 60 employers and 1000 jobs. That's 16.6 jobs per employer.

There were nearly 60 employers, one or two didn't show up but I happened to be distantly related to teh HR guy of one of the employers that did show up. They had two open positions. That means another employer would have had to have 31 positions available  (yeah right!) to keep that 16.6 average.

This year they supposedly have 80 employers with 1600 jobs. 20 jobs each. I really don't like being lied to.

irishbobcat

If the expo is like anytihing in the past....9/10th of the "employers" there WON'T have any job openings!!!!

jay

OH-Penn Interstate Region
Jobs Expo

Wednesday, September 15
Noon to 5:00 p.m.

- Location -
Covelli Centre
229 East Front Street
Downtown Youngstown

Meet Ohio and Pennsylvania employers
who a hiring now!

Admission FREE For