News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Friends of the Youngstown Historical Center of Industry and Labor News

Started by Rick Rowlands, August 20, 2010, 09:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Thanks for the information. I am going to have to stop in at the gift shop. Maybe I can do some of my Christmas shopping there.

DefendYoungstown

Rick Rowlands

Recently the Friends of the YHCIL elected its new board of directors.  The new board consists of:

George Beelen
Sandra Cika
Donna Deblasio
Arlette Gatewood
C. Gilbert James
Socrates Kolitsos
Tom Leary
Harry Meshel
Robert Milich
Martha Pallante
Rich Rees
Rick Rowlands
Richard Scarsella
Suzyn Schwebel-Epstein
Joanne Zimmer

The newly elected officers for 2010-2011 are:
President Robert Milich
Suzyn Schwebel Epstein Vice President
Donna Deblasio Treasurer
Rick Rowlands Treasurer

I filed the articles of incorporation for the organization in February and recently completed the IRS tax exemption application, which will be filed shortly.

Meetings are held the first Monday of every month at 5 PM at the YHCIL on Wood Street.  Membership dues have been $5.00/year but I suspect that we may raise the dues in the near future.

The purpose of the Friends of the YHCIL is to provide support to the museum by doing the things that neither OHS or the YSU History Dept. can do.  We will raise funds for new exhibits, equipment, programs, collections, as well as recruit volunteers, raise public awareness and promote the use of the facility.  We also have been finding new items of local interest for sale in the gift shop including the new "Youngstown the Steel City" T shirts.