News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown's Neighborhoods

Started by jay, August 15, 2010, 09:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Forum manager and Steve thank you.

ForumManager

Thank you for explaining the difference.

Youngstownshrimp

oops, I made the same mistake.  My age must be catching up with me.

ForumManager

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on August 24, 2010, 08:14:56 PM
So if your research shows that ATF did purchase tax certs. of council members property, they were delinquent.
The company mentioned on the records I questioned was FIRST AMERICAN RE TAX  not American Tax Funding.
Mr. Novotny pointed out that First American is a mortgage company.

Youngstownshrimp

Forum Manager, your proposal to create a debate thread is a very good idea provided it be moderated.  Mr. Kidd challenged me and I accepted, in addition I would like to debate Mr. Steve Novotny on deconstruction since I and others are concerned how our tax dollars are being used by him.  Also with do respect since I answered your question and had to back up my statement about delinquent property taxes, it is only right and fair that Mr. Kidd back up his allegations posted here, namely what I enumerated.  Without saberrattling, I may have a legal complaint here and I am very concerned about his reference to the MVOC having a file on me, a private citizen.

DefendYoungstown

I thank you as well, Forum Manager, for your offering to set up an online debate, however, as I stated in my previous post, I am interested in public face-to-face debate with Ron E. It can be audio recorded with a link posted to the site after (etc.), however, I want the one-on-one. Perhaps the forum is intersted in this, perhaps not. I'll do it, regardless. However, this will be my last post and/or response on this matter on the forum. It has taken up enough of the forum's space and time (as well as mine). It was a foolish move to engage Ron at all (again). You think you'd learn after the first (two) time(s) in real life. I could have spent the time figuring out how to bring more entitlement and/or pork to the neighborhoods of Youngstown in my non-private sector non-profit job. Those on welfare and living on subsidized rental property are counting on me to deliver. As we know, every resident of every neighborhood in Youngstown is filled with only these people. There are no good, decent, hardworking / retired, responsible people who live in the city. There are no people who have ever worked an honest day in their life and might feel like they are losing control of their neighborhood and need help. Those of that type that DO remain....well, they should just give up and move out so I can organize the welfare state and run for Mayor. What you don't know is I promised Ron E. that I would make him Chief of Staff. This way, we can flood the Mahoning River and Crab Creek / dig a canal through Wick Park and the lower North Side and connect right though Phantom Fireworks (yes, we will eliminate Phantom because of that traitor Bruce Zolden and his entitlement party fundraisers). The moat will be filled with shrimp prawns, Asian Carp and Snake Fish - keeping out the rest of the welfare state from downtown but also creating a hybrid fish the world has never known (tremendously rich in protein). Of course, since zoning will be abolished in the first day on the job, all we will need is investors to help us market to the rest of the world. Perhaps Ohio State can help. All citizens of New Youngstown will be issued copies of Atlas Shrugged and the John Young memorial will be replaced with the likeness of Jim Traficant. That wraps up 2010. In 2011, we hire 400 more police, declare Martial Law on the rest of the city, and attempt to invade Sharon, PA.

Oh, the joke will be on them.

Defend Youngstown!

P.S. Moving forward with financing of a house in Wick Park built in 1900...not far from the Nevel's Temple apartment building that was never deconstructed (in fact, caught fire). BTW: I rent because I work 60-80hrs per week and (previously) lived alone. That's not a new idea. Another reason: I support my land lord's risk investment of $350,000 to restore a historic district building around the park and recruit more people to live there from the downtown and the university...which is now at capacity and is resulting in the development of the second building. Worked out pretty well...however, I'm super anxious to purchase the home so that I then can magically grasp how tax cert law works in Mahoning County and can declare myself an authority on the matter! Does that come with a plaque or a ribbon, Ron? We (registered Independant) entitlement folks love ribbons. Sometimes we give them to homeless people. It's part of entitlement - you wouldn't understand.

Youngstownshrimp

Forum Manager,  Thank you for intervening on behalf of the Forum, we really need an unbiased moderator to cut thru all the fabrication and personal attacks.  And, I will be the first to say that I am not innocent sometimes in this blog.  That being said, you do not need to stand corrected in your conversation with Novotny, he is wrong.  This I know because without sounding boisterous, I am an expert in tax cert. sales in Mahoning county.  I managed an investment group which purchased a significant amount of certs. from American Tax Funding, a private large scale tax cert. buyer who won the bid five years ago to purchase all of Mahoning counties delinquent tax certs.  If you need verification, you may call American Tax Funding's local Atty. , he rents from one of our investors in Poland, I will be happy to introduce you to him, he was also retained by the investment group I managed.  Although the auditor's site maybe wrong at times, my search shows that Mr. Kidd and Mr. Novotny do not even own property in the county and IMO are hardly authorities to speak intelligently about real estate at all.  BTW the hidden brothel (22 acres) is an example of a tax cert. purchase

Let me answer your question first with the legal perspective in delinquent property taxes, the taxes are called in REM and not in PERSONA, meaning that delinquent taxes are not a personal liability but rather a potential lien against the property itself.  The recourse of delinquent tax property is a foreclosure or the new hybrid, forfeiture which my investment group was the first in the county to do.  So if your research shows that ATF did purchase tax certs. of council members property, they were delinquent.  Of course as can be read in my question to Kidd, I was not trying to besmirch anyone but was trying to point out that many of us and most of YTown vacant property have been delinquent.  It is obvious to me that I have been singled out when even the City owes millions in property taxes.

ForumManager

This topic will now be unlocked.
I have taken the time to review.

If you read the posts from the beginning, you will see that the first personal attack was made by Defend Youngstown.
Shrmp made commentary about local government which was on topic considering the first post.
I do not understand the reference to the Illegal dumping thread so I will look into it.
However if it is a reference to another thread it is off topic.

It is my opinion that all of reports of antagonism by EVERY party that has complained are relevant HOWEVER this thread started out as antagonistic citing an article that questions our local government.

If you would like to form a debate thread on this forum. please let me know.  I will form a thread for questions ONLY by all members with a date deadline ...NO ANSWERS ord discussion will be acceptable.  After all questions have been submitted I will form another thread where only  Defend youngstown and Youngstown shrimp can respond to the questions. Then after all questions are answered and discussed by both parties  - the thread will be opened to the public for further questions or commentary.

ForumManager

Quote from: Steve Novotny on August 24, 2010, 12:58:03 AM
Which ones?
I did a quick search of all of them on the Mahoning County auditor's site. Couldn't find a single tax delinquent parcel amongst any of them.
Are you familiar with the term "LIBEL"?
I've printed your post.

Mr. Novotny,  as outlined in personal messages, it has been established that what  Shrimp has stated is true.  American Tax Funding was sold liens for some properties owned by council persons.  The taxes are no longer  listed as delinquent by the county but record of the sales of the liens remains on the Auditor website.  The taxes may or may not have been paid as of today.

I stand corrected.  Mr. Novotny has stated  that American Tax is not a lien company but a mortgage company. So I'd like to ask Mr. Shrimp to provide links to the records of the delinquent taxes.

ForumManager

This thread has been locked for moderator review due to several reports.

Shar

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on August 24, 2010, 08:22:55 AM

I agree to the debate, right here and now, hopefully with this forum moderating to eliminate the BS.  Now can you please answer my questions, I answered yours.

You haven't answered anything Shrimp...you never do!

Youngstownshrimp

Phil to help you with your fantasy, can I refer to you as Mayor Phil Kidd?  Since Obama rose to power by community organizing (ACORN), is this the strategy that you are following, to back up your bid for Mayor by organizing the entitled?

I agree to the debate, right here and now, hopefully with this forum moderating to eliminate the BS.  Now can you please answer my questions, I answered yours.

Youngstownshrimp

Rick, I didn't know you have a BAD name and that you are a conservative, I thought you were a libertarian.  I'm sorry if I ruined your good name among the entitled.

Youngstownshrimp

Very good Novotny, now take it to the prosecutor.  Here's another one for you, are any of the council members delinquent in their water bills to the City?  Since you didn't bring up the City and the GOOD faith base institutions, you must concur that they are delinquent in their property taxes, or do you only believe in equal protection on who you pick and choose?

DefendYoungstown

Ah, and there's the Ron we all know so well...spin, outright lies, questions with questions.

Only one way to find out the truth. Open public debate. Name the time and place. I will be there.