News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Inaccurate Weather Predictions Hurt Business

Started by jay, February 09, 2010, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Look at it this way, when the snow melts a whale of a lot of the water will end up in the Mahoning River ... also the reservoirs will get their fair share. Isn't that a good thing?

Rick Rowlands

Whatever happened to looking out a window and preparing for all possible contingencies?  Whats so bad about the weather anyways?  Throw a little more weight over the drive wheels and pay attention as you go.

Towntalk

I just came in from shoveling a path for the letter carrier and it is showing right now, so the weather was right. There was at least a half inch of fresh snow since last night.

Remember to keep a clear path for your letter carrier because if you don't he or she doesn't have to wade through deep snow to deliver your mail.

As for going out for no legitamate reason such as going to the store or some emergency, or work, just to sightsee, that is foolish.

Ours is a main street and the city snow plow didn't do a good job clearing the street.

Towntalk

Right.

The TV weather men did say that it would be off and on overnight.

The WKBN TV weather said that it wouldn't be as bad as previously reported.

ytowner

Well jay as a weather enthusiast, I can tell you most forecasters warned of a dry spot this evening before it began picking up again overnight. As they predicted, that has come true. It is coming down right now.

jay

The weather forecasters predicted a heavy snow accumulation for the city today.  Events were cancelled, schools closed for tomorrow, and meetings postponed.

I happened to be in downtown Youngstown this evening.  The city was dead.  There was only about an inch and a half of snow on the ground.  Very few cars were on the streets. I passed the Rosetta Stone Restaurant and didn't see a single person in the business.