News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

16 Inches Of Snow And Counting

Started by jay, February 06, 2010, 06:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

whatever, Sarge...

enjoy the snow....what time will the plow truck be by on Wednesday to dig you out?

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on February 07, 2010, 03:53:10 PM
So it's ok for government to help out a disabled person but not ok to help out a poor person on welfare?

I'm just trying to gage when a conservative will support government help but when they will oppose it.

You're right sarge, when government shows up at YOUR DOOR offering help, you won't refuse it...but if they help others of different social class or standing, then government is too big and you want it stopped....

Again, you are a hypocrite!
There may be help for you Dennis but you'll have to ask for it.
Read it all again and this time without bias. Try it as what it is. A very small village which helped out all its citizens. Without adding taxes, politics, and stupidity into the mix.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

AllanY2525

Hey guys... off topic!

Let's talk about the snow here... political debates can be taken to the appropriate
thread(s) where they belong...

irishbobcat

So it's ok for government to help out a disabled person but not ok to help out a poor person on welfare?

I'm just trying to gage when a conservative will support government help but when they will oppose it.

You're right sarge, when government shows up at YOUR DOOR offering help, you won't refuse it...but if they help others of different social class or standing, then government is too big and you want it stopped....

Again, you are a hypocrite!

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on February 07, 2010, 11:58:56 AM
Sarge, when will you get a brain and a heart??????

I find it funny that you don't want government to do private services yet you were happy when the village truck
came and plowed you out. Why didn't you hire a private person to do it? Cause you are too cheap to pay for services?

Nice to see a conservative like you being a hypocrite when a public plow on public time and public tax payer's money plows you out, you don't have a problem with it. But if the city plowed out a poor, inner city person you woud be the first to cry foul.....

Go stuff a plow up your  @#$

Gee Dennis, I suppose if the mayor lived across the street from you and told the street department to help out anyone they saw clearing their drive you would go ahead and tell them no thank you.

Fact is I have a guy who does my drive on a regular basis whenever we get 4 inches or better. I don't even have to call him. I'm sure he was very busy and was probably relieved when he could get home out of the cold a little bit sooner.

By the way the guy on our street department and the mayor knows that I'm not supposed to be out there in the cold with a shovel in my hand. Some people are just smart.

And I could care less what the City does, as long as it is within the laws of that city. But to help out a disabled person, What is your problem with that again? Because that person is a conservative who doesn't like your green forced down our throat programs?

I bet a plow would fit up your behind rather well.

By the way when the mayor told the street Department to help whoever he saw doing their drive he was out to clear the ends of everyones drive after the plows had come through. Kinda makes sense to take a minute to save your neighbors an hour of work in the cold. But you wouldn't know about that.

irishbobcat

Sarge, when will you get a brain and a heart??????

I find it funny that you don't want government to do private services yet you were happy when the village truck
came and plowed you out. Why didn't you hire a private person to do it? Cause you are too cheap to pay for services?

Nice to see a conservative like you being a hypocrite when a public plow on public time and public tax payer's money plows you out, you don't have a problem with it. But if the city plowed out a poor, inner city person you woud be the first to cry foul.....

Go stuff a plow up your  @#$

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on February 06, 2010, 11:15:45 AM
Oh my, sarge accepted government services to do an individual's private property///////

thought you were for smaller government services, Sarge......

get out, pull up your boot straps and dig yourself out......you shouldn't expect the government to dig you out!!!!

ah, a conservative who doesn't mind a government handout when he doesn't have to break a sweat digging himself out of a snowstorm.....hahhahahahahaha

and you were saying about fewer government services???????   SARGE IS A LIBERAL IN CONSERVATIVE CLOTHING!

Gee Dennis maybe you could do the same thing in Struthers, Run for Mayor and Promise that you will get everyones drive shoveled out by the city. You shouldn't have to raise taxes too much to do that.

Or you could just insist that all the people who are on disability for their heart get out there and shovel 16 inches of snow. That should really go over well.

Will you ever get a brain?

Smaller Government, yes that would be a good thing. The local government here doesn't tell me how to live my life. We have better services than most. And we have less crime.

Go figure.

ytowner

We had 18" in Austintown.

Oh yeah... Early projections are for 8-12" Tuesday Night into Wednesday. Things can change though, so it may be more or less.  :-X

Mary

We helped 3 people dig out of our street (McCartney and Rutledge area). A city plow driver was nice enough to stop and help with the third person. And you know what he got for his kindness? Yelled at by some other driver about how if he would have done his job last night they wouldn't be stuck now!!! I am going to call the street department Monday and let them know that we thought it was very good of that plow driver to stop and do what he could! We need more city workers willing to help the residents. We did our sidewalks, the empty house next to us sidewalks and cleared the street around our driveway

I would say we got about 14-16 inches on this side of town.

AllanY2525

You guys are lucky... we already have over 30 inches of snow - and it's
still snowing outside.

My 4 x 4 controller module went out on my truck - the computer in the truck
now refuses to go into 4 wheel drive mode when I turn the knob on the dash
board.

I could crawl under the truck and use some hand tools to manually lock the
transfer case into 4-wheel low mode, but I'm not gonna cross that bridge
unless it becomes absolutely necessary... UGH !

Here's a couple photos of my yard that I took an hour ago.  At least my dog is
having fun - he LOVES snow.

:)

Why?Town

Quote from: sfc_oliver on February 06, 2010, 10:30:17 AM
I was standing out on the porch talking with the neighbor while my son started clearing the walk when the mayor of Lowellville told the Street Department that if he saw someone shoveling their drive to go ahead and help them. He was riding around in a front end loader.

My drive was done thanks to the village.   ;D

It's good to live in a small village........

That's one way to get re-elected!

irishbobcat

Oh my, sarge accepted government services to do an individual's private property///////

thought you were for smaller government services, Sarge......

get out, pull up your boot straps and dig yourself out......you shouldn't expect the government to dig you out!!!!

ah, a conservative who doesn't mind a government handout when he doesn't have to break a sweat digging himself out of a snowstorm.....hahhahahahahaha

and you were saying about fewer government services???????   SARGE IS A LIBERAL IN CONSERVATIVE CLOTHING!

northside lurker

We got about 16" of snow, too.  I shovelled my sidewalk, but I'm not going to manually clear the street!!!  The siewalk was enough to wear me out.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

sfc_oliver

I was standing out on the porch talking with the neighbor while my son started clearing the walk when the mayor of Lowellville told the Street Department that if he saw someone shoveling their drive to go ahead and help them. He was riding around in a front end loader.

My drive was done thanks to the village.   ;D

It's good to live in a small village........