News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Watershed Signs

Started by Elmo-Ytown, February 04, 2010, 10:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Last report I read on the river said that almost all the fish in it were edible now. Exceptions being catfish over 21". Yes we've come a very long way.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

our2cents

I'm well aware of and happy that the water isn't drawn from the river.  Eventually, it hits the OH River, and there are communities that draw their water from it.  It's a Cycle eventually, no matter how you look at it.

Rick Rowlands

Mill Creek runs into the Mahoning below Meander reservoir.  Its not part of our water supply, not since the water works on West Avenue was closed and its Tod triple expansion pumping engine put out to pasture.  There is an Ohio Dept, of Health report somewhere online, probably Google Books, that describe the deplorable conditions of the Mahoning a hundred years ago, and at that time we were drawing our drinking water from the river.

Contrary to what the doom and gloomers say, we have come a long way in cleaning up our environment.

our2cents

Thanks for posting the sign.  I'm actually glad to see these going up.  Maybe now people will think twice before they just wash their spilled chemicals down the storm drains. 

I've already had a few people tell me that they had no clue the ditch by their house was part of the watershed.  WTH...it really made me think twice about how smart some people are.  I made sure they knew eventually it would hit someone's drinking water.

Why?Town

Here's one

our2cents

I've seen them along Meridian, Mahoning and Raccoon.  I don't have a picture, but I can try to grab one when i passby...if someone else doesn't first.