News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Liberal vs Progressive

Started by Towntalk, August 31, 2009, 12:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elecpencil

Conservatives should just be called what they are: Corporate Tools.

sfc_oliver

One thing I respect about President Obama is that he is always to listen to opposing points of view on the issues - like him or not, this is an admirable quality in ANY elected official. 

You mean Mr "I WON" I don't think so.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

AllanY2525

Healthy and ROBUST debate of the issues of the day and their effect on the
American people is , by and large, one of the things that makes our society
and our form of government one of  best systems on Earth - despite its flaws.

One thing I respect about President Obama is that he is always to listen to
opposing points of view on the issues - like him or not, this is an admirable
quality in ANY elected official. 

iwasthere

it is better to meet ind(s) with opposing opinions face to face to discuss differences if not there are other avenues aka internet and letter writing and talk radio are such formats. if our wash dc politicians would do the same we would not be in a mess in our country with domestic and foreign problems.

sfc_oliver

I don't know, there are a few people scattered around this world that I could never have any type of conversation with. But I am a gentle soul and won't name any of them.

Most here in this forum I could get along with though.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

Yes I agree.  The one time I met Dennis we talked for a long while and it was quite pleasant.  The Internet brings out the worst in people sometimes, so its good that we should at least meet occasionally and get to know each other. 

Towntalk

Aside from the political lables, I honestly believe that we are all basicly decent people, and set aside politics truely enjoy each others company.

I use to enjoy sitting down with Don Hanni and talk about the good old days in Youngstown, and Clingen Jackson use to visit with our family and regail us with some of the most interesting stories about the city, and my greatest regret is that I didn't get them on tape because they were treasures.

The sad part of it is that  we get so caught up in politics that we don't get to really know each other.

iwasthere

iwasthere is not afraid of any labels that is attached to me. whether it is true or not. let the public and my family and friends decide for themselves, i know who i am. a progressive liberal who fights for the common good for the common man.

ytowner

Quote from: irishbobcat on August 31, 2009, 02:53:08 PM
and the GOP/Conservative trickle down theory helps the rich get richer and the poor get poorer......plus they still can't run regular flights out of the Y-town airport like Akron-Canton.....
What Republicans/Conservatives run the airport?? Last time I checked one of the board members is Donny Hanni.

Towntalk

The first PROGRESSIVE was Teddy Roosevelt ... A REPUBLICAN

Theodore D. Roosevelt  was the 26th President of the United States. A leader of the Republican Party and founder of the now-defunct Progressive Party, he was the 33rd Governor of New York and a professional historian, naturalist, explorer, hunter, author, and soldier. He is most famous for his personality: his energy, his vast range of interests and achievements, his model of masculinity, and his "cowboy" image.

cf: http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/theodoreroosevelt/

irishbobcat

and the GOP/Conservative trickle down theory helps the rich get richer and the poor get poorer......plus they still can't run regular flights out of the Y-town airport like Akron-Canton.....

ytowner

In my eyes, liberals are too embarrassed to call themselves liberals so they call themselves progressives.....
Liberal or Progressive, they are bankrupting this nation.