News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

What Would You Name The Cleveland Baseball Team?

Started by jay, December 14, 2020, 08:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

Another great idea, but that would have the Hip Hop and Rap fans offended. Since we'd all like to avoid more looting and riots the choices are pretty limited. I guess it could be named the Cleveland Hip Hops or the Cleveland Rappers. While some people wouldn't be happy with that I bet it would result in little, if any, violence but because diversity makes people happy and everyone must be included I still think the (whatever city)(whatever sport) Teams is the only way to go.  Oops I just realized that would offend people that live in other cities or play different sports. Maybe we really can't fix stupid.

jay

The City of Cleveland has the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Name the team the Cleveland Rockers.

Why?Town

Cuyahogas sounded pretty good until you reminded me that it came from the Native Americans, which are the same as Indians and so many people seem to be totally offended when reminded of their existence.

At this point every team should just be named like the former "Washington Redskins", just whatever City and Sport followed by "team" so "Washington Football Team"

Each team from the same city should also be forced to follow Pittsburgh's example regarding their colors:

Pittsburgh Football Team (Steelers) = Black and Gold
Pittsburgh Baseball Team (Pirates) = Black and Gold
Pittsburgh Hockey Team (Penguins) = Black and Gold

I can see it now:

Cleveland Football Team (Browns) = Brown and Orange
Cleveland Baseball Team (Indians) = Brown and Orange
Cleveland Basketball Team (Cavaliers) = Brown and Orange

jay

A suggestion for a new name

The Cleveland Cuyahogas

The Cuyahoga River runs through Cleveland.  Cleveland is in Cuyahoga County.  Many believe Cuyahoga is a native American word.

jay

The Cleveland baseball team is looking for a new name.

What are your suggestions for a new name?