News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Anthony's On the River

Started by Elmo-Ytown, August 22, 2020, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I kept my mouth shut about this subject.  Getting older I am becoming more quiet unlike the volumes of writings memorialized here for over a decade.
Read today's Business Journal,  the facts are coming FORTH.  Sadly the actions of the City leadership of Democrat rule for over 50 years once again abuses the citizenry.
Remember, read true history, the Democrats were the party of Slavery.  Abraham Lincoln spent over 400,000 northern Yankees lives to defeat slavery.  The Liberal Democrats have continued the plantation with an evil welfare system with tools of genocide abortion and fatherless homes.

Elmo-Ytown

Excellent question! If these buildings are actually in danger of collapse, it would make GREAT sense for the city to document this to increase transparency, squash rumors, and protect themselves against possible lawsuits.

iwasthere

Where are the pictures to show that the inside and outside walls were about to cave into each other? The word is asked not axed council reps are suppose to speak fluent English.

Elmo-Ytown

That's what it sounded like to me. How will this be paid then? Perhaps Chief Finley can pay it out of his budget.

jay

If I heard this correctly, City Council today voted not to supply emergency funding for this demolition.

Watch this video of the meeting at about minute 13:20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDMmBidgno

What is your opinion?  Did they block emergency funding for a demolition that already took place?

Elmo-Ytown

https://www.wkbn.com/news/local-news/demo-of-downtown-building-raises-ire-of-youngstown-councilman/

Councilman Oliver smells a rat, and so do I. How does a member of city council directly speak with these individuals about this building less than a day before the demolition but they don't say anything? Is this a case of dad says it's ok so just ignore mom? What disrespect. Do the other members of the city government think city council is a joke? Does it not have any bite to it's growl? These are the elected members after all.

Of course I see Chief Finley has his toe dipped in this mess. Not surprised.

Rushblvd

Yikes- That was a heated ZOOM Meeting- I will try to get on at 4:30 to see what happens next in the "Saga and the Fall of Anthony's on the River."  :laugh:

jay

You have to hear the council finance committee discussion about this demolition.

Go to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZP7ycfJi-I

The heated conversations start shortly after minute 25.

Elmo-Ytown

Yes, they sure moved fast. Was this building such a desperate danger to the public? Or does one of the thugs have a deal lined up?

jay

Thank you for posting this.

I drove down Mahoning Avenue this afternoon and noticed the building had been demolished.  All that was left was a pile of rubble with an excavator loading up the debris.

Elmo-Ytown

The city wants to demolish Anthony's On the River. Apparently it is an emergency. I think the city should prove why this needs to happen. Because what I suspect is actually happening is the same old tired game they always play. What development is planned for this site? Very convenient to cut through the red tape and demolish it, leaving the site available and even graded at our expense. I'm sure there is nothing planned here in the near future, this is just an actual emergency demolition. . . right . . . . ? There are actual buildings around town that are a threat to public safety, but they don't get taken down because the land isn't desirable. Even if there is nothing wrong with your building or home it can be stolen right from under you by these thugs, just look at the poor people on N Lane Ave.

We get what we vote for, and thanks a lot Youngstown, brainwashed bimbos, now they don't even leave automatically since we approved cutting term limits. This place is a joke.