News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Protest/Protest - May 8

Started by jay, May 06, 2009, 09:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

Reefer Madness was a bellyaching of laughs from the first scene to the last scene of this play. this play makes you think how misguided propaganda can persuade ind(s). to make a wrong decision. the protest made me come down to the theater to see the local thespians to perform the play, Reefer Madness. i did stay at least 50 ft away from Ramona the religious lady fearing being swatted by her king's james/john bible that she held in her hands as she monitored the crowd's laughter.

susie beiersdorfer

The show was Fabulous tonight!
Several patrons came to the show BECAUSE they saw us downtown and wondered WHAT was going on!!!
The Oakland is NOTHING if it is not wildly creative and willing to test the limits!
Thank you to all our supporters today and to Ramona and her gang - may god have mercy on you and help you open your hearts and minds!
Peace.

iwasthere

i was downtown for breakfast and lunch and i witnessed this display of freedom of speech. there was an incident a religious lady named Ramona started to hit an Oakland thespian with her umbrella and shouted bible verses at him and his supporters. i thought it might become ugly but these two groups maintained their composure even in front of city hall. iris the law director shouted to both groups she supports, Reefer Madness. I do not know what she meant by that remark. is she for legalization of pot or she supports the play. i am confused by her remark to these groups.

jay

This is just one of the many signs carried during the protest.

jay

Although the protest started at the Oakland, the groups quickly moved to Central Square.  In the photo below, protesters taunted each other on the corner of Federal and Wick.

AllanY2525

Controversy=publicity

It might actually spurr more attendance..

:)

Why?Town

What message are these protesters trying to send?

jay

A group of concerned citizens will meet outside the Oakland Center for the Arts this Friday, May 8, 11:30 a.m., to protest the staging of the musical Reefer Madness. 

Freedom of expression??