News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

711 Connector to open Monday 10/24

Started by yfdgricker, October 20, 2005, 09:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

ytowner

I drove on it and it was nice. The view at arguable the higest point in the city over the Valley looks great. Nice smooth feel and airport signs going north bound.

yfdgricker

Well, I tried out the new 711 connector this evening. It felt weird using it after seeing the freeway closed signs for so long.

A word of warning... if you do try out the expressway. The I-80 exit will put you on I-80 AFTER Belmont Ave/ Churchhill Rd. Therefore, you will have to drive to Hubbard before you can get off 80. Again, 711 merges with I 80 after Belmont Ave. You can't take 711 to I-80 to Belmont Ave.

It's weird that you merge onto I-80 from 711 on the left side of the freeway. I have a feeling that there will be lots of accidents along this section. I almost got taken out by a Malibu doing 80 and a semi tractor trailer. Ughhh!

There is no exit for Division St coming 711 south towards I-680. You have to exit at Sarah, go down to 422 and make a left there.

There is also a steeper than normal grade up from 422 on 711. It may not be that steep but it sure feels like it. 

I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts on the freeway. I know on the Mahoning Valley Yahoo Group, people are already complaining about the exit onto I-80.

I'm going to try it out in the daytime and see if it feels any different. It was nighttime and rainy so it wasn't the best of conditions to try out a freeway I wasn't familiar with yet.

ytowner

Thanks for the Info. I can't wait to use this great new freeway!

yfdgricker

Here are the ribbon cutting details. After 2pm or so, the new expressway should be open for traffic!

ForumManager

yfdgricker

The new 711 Connector will be open for traffic Monday, October 24th. There will be a ribbon cutting in the morning.