News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Day - Thursday, April 16

Started by jay, April 11, 2009, 09:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

cc4

I enjoyed a delicious cup of cream of broccoli soup with a small Jamie's salad (romaine, craisins, walnuts, bleu cheese served with a homemade sesame dressing) at the Capitol Grill.

Mary

I had a house salad from Pizza Joes for lunch!

jay

Today I purchased a sandwich and drink from the Yogurt Corner inside 20 Federal Place.

irishbobcat

I do lunch in the food court.

Dennis Spisak
Mahoning Valley Green Party

jay

These are all good suggestions.

I hope Lyndsey reads your post.

Towntalk

I realize that most of you are young whipper snappers that might not be old enough to remember the good old days but here is an idea.

A good old fashion "Dollar Days Sale" when all the downtown businesses had specials and ran a two page ad in the Vindicator touting special sales items. Some stores even had savings coupons.

Now admittedly we don't have the businesses today that we had back then, but if all the businesses that are there now would pool their resources to organize a big sale day, and worked with WRTA to have all the runs at half fare for that day, and promoted that "Dollar Day Sale" with radio, television and newspaper ads, and maby even had some street entertainment we could draw more folks into downtown Youngstown.

We might even convince local radio personalities such as Mangino, Dan Rivers and Ron Verb to do their shows from downtown businesses that day along with personalities from other local radio stations.

As for the various downtown restaurants, a personal appearance by local DJ's from the local radio stations who would do their shows from there that day.

And close the day with a special event at the old Phar-Mor center with the radio personalities.

jay

For Forum Members
Downtown Youngstown
Stimulate The Economy Day

Thursday, April 16
All Day

Have Breakfast, Buy Lunch,
Get A Haircut, Buy Clothing,
Spend A Few Dollars In Downtown Youngstown

If you participate, please tell us how you supported a downtown business.