News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Post Your First Night Youngstown Pictures

Started by jay, January 01, 2008, 12:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

The fireworks were launched from the Chevrolet Centre area.

Mary_Krupa

Pretty neat.  I really liked the event much better this year. We had six adults and four children. All the kids were admitted free.

We started at the Arms Museum which was fun and lively and had lots of people there. We also did the laser show at the planetarium which I personally didn't think was that great nor did the four children. Although, I see how this can be a fun event. We ate at University Pizzeria which the Washington, DC people in my group liked. We went to the magic show at the Masonic Temple which is a neat old building and we also did the talent show at Bliss Hall as well as the ball-dropping and fireworks at midnight. Not sure why the Butler museum wasn't open. My out of town guests wanted to visit there but couldn't.

The weather was pretty decent, cold and crisp but not uncomfortable if you dressed properly. Plus, it was dry. The steel drums of burning wood were great to have in various spots. I'd like to see more of them.

My friends and I said they would like to see smaller and more frequent shuttles. They would be willing to pay $12 rather than $10 if only there were more shuttles. When you have to wait 15 minutes for a shuttle to come buy and then spend 15 minutes on it to get to the Arms Museum, you just blew a lot of time.  This aspect definitely needs to be worked on.

Anyone going should also study the program ahead of time so that you can get your logistics worked out. Without frequent shuttles, you can really waste a lot of time walking to and fro as well as miss events.

I would definitely recommend FNY to anyone who is not afraid of winter weather. Just make sure that you dress appropriately. This is very important for any winter event. Everyone who helped out on this event should get a big thank you!
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

jay

Hundreds of area residents waited in front of the Federal Courthouse for the ball drop at midnight.

jay

A member of the Pickled Brothers Side Show eats fire at the Oakland Center for the Arts.

jay

If you attended First Night Youngstown, please post some of your pictures to this forum.