News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

John R. Davis Building

Started by Towntalk, May 23, 2007, 08:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

If I'm not mistaken, two of the businesses that occupied the building over the years since I came to Youngstown were the Singer Sewing Machine Co. and the S&H Green Stamp Company. Does anyone have any information on other businesses that used the building prior to 1950?

Jaime Hughes

I know the company working on the Davis building and they have some huge plans for the building which makes me happy to hear. As for the facade, that's a good question. If I get in touch with them soon I'll let you know what they say.

It's good to see the downtown's history continue to not only STAY in downtown but also to be actively used.

northside lurker

That is good news.

I'll be curious to see how they restore the facade.  The ornamentation is damaged, and I wonder if they will just clean what's there, or replicate the damaged pieces.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Great news for downtown Youngstown. An architect group is investing $332,000 in bringing the building back to life.