News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Grass cutting

Started by stewie, June 12, 2015, 07:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

Hay - It's OK - just goes to show you the Slob Blurb of Boredom is copying after The Great City of Youngstown  :laugh:

Towntalk

:'(  Sorry about that.  :'(

kenneyjoe330

No - I am afraid not - that article was about Boardman.  The article I was referring to was about Youngstown !   Thanks !

kenneyjoe330

I have been told by an authority and saw an article in The Vindicator that stated something to the fact that:  the city will send a letter to the owner of the vacant lot (and also to the owners of houses on lots that need to be mowed) and a fee will be put on their property taxes for the mowing of their property.  In the article and from what I have heard they will be given so many days after the letter to have property mowed /or the grass gets so high (12 inches) if they don't mow then a surcharged will be put on their taxes.  The amount in my little head that keeps coming up is $150.00 per cut  That seems high - but I will stick to that amount.  Maybe someone that knows their way around former Vindicator articles can look it up.

AllanY2525

I agree with everyone here....city should only cut city owned lots, except the
corner lots, in the interest of traffic safety at intersections.

Plant some trees on the vacant lots, in a couple years there will be no more
grass to cut and the lot won't look like there used to be a house or building
on it.

If they are forced to cut the lot at the city's expense, levy a lien against the
property - if the owner fails to pay the lien, put the property up for sheriff
sale.

jay

It's interesting that she complained about the vacant lots that the city has the responsibility to mow.

YNDC mows the grass on property that has a vacant structure on it.

Towntalk

I also agree that the city should only cut the grass on city owned property and nowhere else PERIOD!

jay

QuoteAnd why is the City cutting vacant lots anyway?

I tend to agree with you.  The city should only cut the strip between the sidewalk and the street and also cut about six feet from the sidewalk into the lot.

Corner lots should be cut so drivers could see oncoming traffic.

stewie

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/jun/12/tarpley-mowing-program-is-failing/?mobile

Tarply should be embarrassed. And why is the City cutting vacant lots anyway? It's a vacant lot!