News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

STUPID Vindicator ERROR

Started by Towntalk, May 04, 2015, 05:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

if st pat Church is turning into a school at least my neighbor will be free to sleep in on the first sundays of month.

Towntalk

What is Vindy staffer Denise Dick's background as a reporter ... she is the one who wrote the article under consideration here.

Towntalk

Is it asking too much of our local news people to be correct in their reporting? WKBN-27 left it's viewers that St. Angela Merici (Sacred Heart Church) was closed in a story dealing with a murder on Jackson Street ... THE CHURCH IS NOT CLOSED. In today's Vindicator Miss Dick, reporting on the move of a southside school located in the former South High School and she says that it is moving to St. Patrick Church implying that St. Pat's was closed as a church. THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT THE MOVE IS TO THE FORMER ST. PATRICK SCHOOL BUILDING. When anyone tries to correct reporters they are ignored ... REPORTERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT ... READERS AND VIEWERS ARE ALWAYS WRONG so they say.

Towntalk

I say that it is pure laziness on the part the person that wrote that item. Having worked at The Vindicator for 22 years, I'm not prepared to give them any slack.

jay

TV newscasters who are not from this area often mispronounce local landmarks.

Today one pronounced the Warren street Laird as lard.

Towntalk

The "best newspaper" made yet another stupid mistake in their coverage of a local story today ... a Southside Private School is moving from the old South High School building and the way the story was written, it will be moved into St. Patrick Church. It should have been the old St. Patrick School, and not the church. St. Patrick Church is NOT closing. and it is NOT being turned into a school.
http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/may/04/southside-academy-dumps-white-hat-management/?nw