News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Flooded Downtown Building

Started by jay, February 27, 2015, 05:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

It's an absolute crime what happened to the Dollar Bank. Next to my bank People's Bank/Society Bank/Key Bank, it was one of the best in Youngstown until Mickey Monus cleaned it out.

Peggy Gurney

There I go, being confused again!  grrrrrrrr...  ::)
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Peggy, the building you are thinking about is the Stambaugh Building, but the one Jay is referring to is the old Dollar Bank Building.

Peggy Gurney

I have not seen anything about this on the news.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: YoungstownBiker on February 27, 2015, 02:24:47 PM
Is the former PNC building the 16 Wick building?

They are the same building. It is being renovated into a hotel, yes?
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

For those of us in the know, it is the former Dollar Bank/NationalCity Bank/PNC Bank Building. I don't know if that answers your question, but the answer for us is as clear as crystal clear pure spring water on a sunny day in spring. I would include a photo of the building, but since most of us know the building I shant bother. It's the building on the North West corner of the Square with a clock.

YoungstownBiker

Is the former PNC building the 16 Wick building?

jay

Apparently a water pipe froze and then broke in the former PNC building in downtown Youngstown.  It has been said that the water damaged areas of the first floor and basement.