News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Water Rates & Sewer Rates

Started by jay, September 15, 2006, 05:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

our2cents

The Mahoning County Sanitary website mentions it as a helpful tip at the bottom of the page at:
http://www.mc-se.com/wastewater.htm

Here is the information we were provided a while back:

Sprinkler Meter Route
1.  Get meter release from county sanitary engineer 793-5514 or city engineer 742-8803.
2.  Have plumbing work done by plumber/handyman.
3.  Schedule inspection from YWD, obtain meter purchase 743-5346.
4.  Pay for meter by mail or in person to YWD.
5.  Installation of meter by YWD 743-5358.

our2cents

As far as I know they do.  You have to have an outdoor meter installed.  There are a bunch of steps to go thru...and they only reduce rates on that meter for a certain timeframe of the year.  I looked into doing it at one point, but didn't have the funds available to follow the process.  I'll find the directions and post them when I have the chance to find the paper.  I just looked at it this summer.

AllanY2525

Does the Youngstown Water Co. still have special rates available for outdoor sprinkler systems?
They used to have a special rate that did not include sewer charges (since outdoor sprinklers
don't go into the sewer system - they just water the lawn, etc).

Does anyone on this board know if this is still true?

Allan
:)

jay

Have you checked your water bill from the city of Youngstown lately?  The sewer cost is over 2.5 times the cost of the water used.  Make sure you don't waste water or use too much of it to water your grass or wash your car.

It is time for everyone to use a rain barrel to collect water for outdoor uses.