News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Charter Petition Drive & Sign - Wednesday, August 6

Started by jay, August 02, 2014, 06:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

A few of the students are involved in canvassing for petitions.
Plus the petition drive at Erie Terminal building is (technically) on campus, as well as most of the tenants are YSU students.

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

Has anyone canvassed the university yet?  Some of the students and faculty are residents if the
city.

Peggy Gurney

I think there will be plenty of sigs, especially with the drive-by outside the Erie Terminal building tomorrow.

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

My friend said that fewer than 10 people are actively circulating petitions.  If that's true, each person would have to collect 200+ signatures for this issue to make the ballot.

:'(

Youngstownshrimp

Yes! We have a self proclaimed doer here.  Kindly tell us what you do?

Towntalk

PD, going out to get names on petitions, marching in protest demonstrations are all well and good, just as attending Council Meetings as well as other local meetings such as block watches have their useful purpose, and far be it from me to belittle them, for in my youth I did all that and then some, I was even a member of the EDATA Citizens Advisory Board, but thanks to my mentors, I also developed contacts that most people only dream of having.
My point is that there are a number of us "old timers" here that have our own tools to make a difference that doesn't necessarily involve the kind of activities that you think are so important, but we are all working toward a single goal, and we all have a deep mutual respect for each other.

PD

Lol. You guys are right. I apologize for some of my posts
But please stop complaining about things going on in Youngstown if all you are gonna do is sit back and say you are to busy to do anything about it
Posting here is not a solution. Getting out and doing something is

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on August 02, 2014, 10:37:35 PM
I know Peggy, I should have shrunk that part of the message, and I'm truely sorry but that PD character really agravates me.

TT, to be perfectly honest, I do believe that is PD's sole purpose in being on this forum. To argue, troll, and cause aggravation, and s/he is getting great enjoyment out of getting under your skin.   ;)

I seriously doubt that PD cares two flits about this town or this forum.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Youngstownshrimp

PD, have a little respect.  You come onto this site not using your real name and you immediately go head to head with one of the most respected members on this site, have a little class, you are dealing with a lady with great credentials, who are you, or what are you?

Concerning the petition, I signed it at Kidd's store.  I saw Iwasthere at the Yellow Creek Theatre and I expressed my fear that the santi-frackers may have buried their fight in this new petition, Iwasthere assured me that was not the case.  So did Phil Kidd for that matter.

Towntalk

Tell you what PD, if you can get 20 mahoningvalley.info members to agree with you about me, I'll stop posting on this website permanently. It must be 20 verifiable members who will be willing to actually post a message for me to leave, and you can start by starting a thread calling upon members to post reasons why I should leave. Otherwise just simply ignore my "rants" as you call them. No one forces you to read any of my posts much less respond to them.

Towntalk

I know Peggy, I should have shrunk that part of the message, and I'm truely sorry but that PD character really agravates me.

Peggy Gurney

OMH those HUGE caps kill my eyes, lol.

I wasn't talking about YOU when I said signers have to be registered voters, dear.  ;)
~ Normal is overrated ~

PD

Congratulations TT. You signed the petition.  Thanks for all your hard work!  Your all talk and no action!  Sit back and if it doesn't work start blaming others and complaining!