News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Charter Petition Drive & Sign - Wednesday, August 6

Started by jay, August 02, 2014, 06:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD

Towntalk

That is not what iwasthere who by the way is circulating petitions, is simply saying that these two councelmen should join those who are getting petitins signed, but as Peggy pointed out that Paul is circulating petitions.
By the way will anyone be at the two festivals Sunday to have petitions signed? Between the two, it should go over the top.

PD

So what you are saying iwasthere is that Drennen and Ray are the only ones supposed to be going door to door getting petitions??  What about everyone else ?  No wonder the numbers are so low

iwasthere

Quote from: Peggy Gurney on August 07, 2014, 09:35:31 PM
I do know that he walked his neighborhood with the petition.
if he attended the ws coalition picnic last week. he would had gartnered signatures from this crowd. he and mike rae should be walking the ws together while working both sides of the nieghborhoods for this petition drive.

Towntalk

AGAIN FOR THE RECORD --- I DID SIGN THE PETITION AS PREVIOUSLY STATED --- TWO NEATLY DRESSED YOUNG ADULTS WERE GATHERING NAMES AT THE UNION SQUARE PLAZA THE DAY I WAS DOING MY SHOPPING AND I PROUDLY PLACED MY JOHN HANCOCK ON THE PETITION WITHOUT RESERVATIONS OR INTIMADATIONS SO THAT SHOULD PUT TO REST THE PRECONCEIVED IDEAS ON THE PART OF SOME WHO WOULDN'T KNOW ME EVEN IF THEY RAN INTO ME ON A BRIGHT SUNNY DAY IN AUGUST.

Towntalk

CANCELLATION NOTICE:
Because of a major Lansingville event that will be taking place on August 10th, the Subway event will be postponed untill another time, and we urge everyone to attend  the Mahoning Valley Slovak Fest.

Peggy Gurney

I do know that he walked his neighborhood with the petition.

~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

i wonder if paul drennan collected signatures from ytown fam and frds and strangers while he attended the ytown it fest?

Towntalk

PS Unless we post otherwise we'll be meeting Sunday morning at the Subway at 830 East Midlothian Blvd about 9:30 AM EDT.
Entrance is through the side door.

Towntalk

If this old gal's scheme works out the way she envisions it we could create an underground movement that would drive City Council, whether 5 or 7 stark raving mad ... There are a whole bunch of Subways in our area that could be home base to a grass roots movement that could be unstopable. We've got the talented base right here. We could even call ourselves "The Subway Mob".
Are you with us Jay? We want you to be our Godfather so to speak.

Towntalk

That's a really swell idea my friend a swell idea indeed and I would be proud and honored to participate in such an endever with all the viger that my weary old bones can muster. Just make room for this old gal to use her cane to hook passer-by people over to the signin'up table an' I'll be good to go.

jay

Quotebut in a petition drive where every signature counts, it's still worthwhile to make the effort.

Maybe the Subway breakfast gang would be willing to collect signatures from customers coming into the restaurant.

jay

QuoteI think there will be plenty of sigs, especially with the drive-by outside the Erie Terminal building tomorrow

The Drive and Sign at the Erie Terminal Building did not net many signatures.   :'(

AllanY2525

Quote from: jay on August 06, 2014, 10:52:18 AM
Most of the students living in the dorms and other buildings around the campus probably are not registered to vote in Youngstown.  They most likely vote in their home communities.

True enough, but in a petition drive where every signature counts, it's still worthwhile to make the effort.

I just wish I could be there to see the look on council's faces if the issue gets on the ballot and passes the
public vote - with a resounding "YES".

;D ;D ;D

jay

Most of the students living in the dorms and other buildings around the campus probably are not registered to vote in Youngstown.  They most likely vote in their home communities.