News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Charter Amendment Meeting

Started by jay, June 25, 2014, 06:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

Saying that I'm moving and am not able to help is not in any way a 'refusal' to help.

And I will gladly sign the petition as well, if they can catch me between the house we're moving from and the house we're moving to.  ;)
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Mr. Jay, In what bracket are you placing those of us who for health and age reasons are not able to be as active in community affairs as you would wish? Now if a certain neighbor should ask me to sign a petition, I will do so gladdly. Oh and by the way, iwasthere said that he would circulate petitions, so let me ask you, just how fervent will you be in getting signitures? I'll bet that you will only cover your immediate neighborhood.

jay

Forum members refusing to help = 2  :P

Forum members willing to help = 0.
  ???

PD

The charter amendment reads to reduce it to 5 based on population. There are no at large on this charter amendment.

Peggy Gurney

I cannot help - packing and moving.

TT - the meeting is Monday night, I believe.

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

Quoteanything else is a no wash for me.

Am I to understand that NO Forum members will help with the petition drive to reduce the number of councilmen?

Towntalk

What's the latest news on this group?

AllanY2525

I like the idea of having a council person at large - it falls under checks and balances concept.
The at large councilperson would, hopefully, have an unbiased outlook - and no particular reason
to favor any ward over another or only try to serve themselves.   

Also like the idea of giving the  at-large councilperson some the of responsibilities for being
an advocate for the downtown business district.

If the population-to-wards laws say there should be 4 wards, council needs to comply.

iwasthere

i will circulate a petition that states four wards and one at large. anything else is a no wash for me. :)

jay

A group of citizens will meet next week to finalize plans to circulate petitions to amend the Youngstown City Charter.  The amendment to reduce the number of wards in the city would appear on the November 2014 ballot.