News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Who Is In Charge Now?

Started by jay, April 24, 2014, 05:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: AllanY2525 on June 06, 2014, 02:01:13 AM

I hope the citizens of Youngstown have enough common sense to NOT re-elect the Gillams
when the next election rolls around.....

They have no choice if no one else runs.  And no one does.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

I hope the citizens of Youngstown have enough common sense to NOT re-elect the Gillams
when the next election rolls around.....

Towntalk

No doubt one of the factions is being led by Annie G and her mob.

"But Councilwoman Annie Gillam, D-1st, whose ward includes downtown, thinks she should determine the hiring."
Who the **** does Gillam think she is?

jay

There's obviously a fight going on between factions of city council.  One faction has its own candidate for this position.

Peggy Gurney

Jay according to this article, that has not been decided yet. It just says that is what the Mayor wants to happen.

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

In the future, the Downtown Events position will answer to the mayor's office.

AllanY2525

What is most disgusting to me is that DeMaine still has a job, and the former Mayor
was rewarded for turning a blind eye to the harassment, by getting re-elected to
the same office he held before he was the mayor.....

ONLY in  Youngstown......geeeeeeezzzzz

Peggy Gurney

It disgusts me that she had to agree to leave her her job in order to settle.  Kitchen harrassed her, and nothing happens to him. Typical.
She did a fantastic job. I wish her well.

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

The president of council turned a blind eye to this problem.  Maybe he should contribute to the city's settlement.

Lynds

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Lyndz on May 26, 2014, 09:55:10 PM
I figured I told someone that Peggy... I just wasnt sure who. I am on FML leave, since March 28th. Last years Memorial day events were a great start to what I had hoped would be annual.... I spent the day with my family and my veteran neighbors doing yard work, it was beautiful.

GOOD to know you're still with us Lyndsey (you are, aren't you?).

~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

I hope you are doing well. I miss our chat sessions before duringafter at the monthlytyowmn councilmeetings.