News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

5 Minutes With The Mayor - Tuesday, January 21

Started by jay, January 20, 2014, 08:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

if, they allow an open dialogue while council is in session that will be a big leap for ytown council.

jay

City Council members recently hinted that they are willing to hold a special session to revise the rules of council.  Some of these changes may come from the proposals suggested by the Charter Review Commission.

Keep Your Fingers Crossed.

Peggy Gurney

whoa, no one said the mayor is unwilling to make any changes.  He's only been in office a short while and, imo, there are more pressing matters. 
Give the man time.  I'm sure he'll get to it.

Why don't you send him a letter of suggestion on this, Allan?

By the way, City Council has been in a bad light for their idiocy for years. Hasn't done any good yet.
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

Well, if the new mayor is unwilling to make any changes, it's probably time for some
folks to complain to the local media - The News Outlet.org is not beholden to local
government and would probably be interested in publishing an article, if enough
of his constituents were to come forward and complain.

Just a thought....nothing like a good news article to put a little pressure on him and
put city council in a bad light for their idiocy.....

iwasthere

allan the new mayor is well aware of current council procedures.

Peggy Gurney

Someone has been complaining about council meetings.
They do not care.

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

I applaud the new mayor for this initiative.  It's great to see a mayor who, at least,
is trying to take a better interest in the issues which are important to the citizens
of Youngstown.

Now someone needs to complain about the idiotic fashion in which city council
meetings are done.

iwasthere

Peggy Gurney

Proof that this initiative will have a two-fold affect.

Not only do we get to blow off steam with the mayor for 5 minutes, but we get to meet and socialize with people we may not otherwise ever see.

I wonder if he had that in mind when he started this. hmmm...  ;)
~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

my wait was one hr. the wait went fast. i spoke for five minutes while jm took notes. i met and talked to people while i stood in line that you normal would not have the opportunity to meet and talk to in your daily life.

AllanY2525

Ron - that was a good one....  LMAO.

:D

The Mayor better plan on starting MUCH earlier in the day if he gets any
kind of attendance on a regular basis.  I think I read the phrase "as long
as it takes" mentioned somewhere, with regard to how long he will stay
on these days.

Hope he's ready to deliver on that one....

Irishbobcat

and you liked it and said "Thank you sir, can I have another?"

Youngstownshrimp

Billy Mumphrey

Did any forum members meet with the mayor today? How did it go? how many people wee there?

jay

I hope a lot of people take advantage of this opportunity to speak with the mayor.

This could be a good way to increase business at downtown restaurants on weekday evenings.  Perhaps some restaurants could give out discount coupons to those waiting to see the mayor.