News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"The Point, Buckeye Park and The 7th Ward"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, January 02, 2014, 08:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Keep up the visions TT, the entrepreneur who is investing is looking at the park as an asset.

Towntalk

Picture this ... it's Saturday evening at 7:00 PM and in Buckeye Part there is a drum roll, the sound of a trumpet playing a fanfare introducing "The Battle Of The Bands" and the beginning of a weekend of great jazz music as local bands seek to be number one.
On another weekend ... "Polka Wars"
Still another weekend ... "Rockin' an' Rollin'"

Towntalk

This is good news, and I wish her well.
As for Buckeye Park, I still would like to see it set up to hold outdoor concerts complete with a bandshell/stage that could be located at one end of the park while preserving the ball field.

Youngstownshrimp

Update:  An entrepreneur has secured the first building at the point to reopen a restaurant.  She has successfully convinced the permiting authorities and has invested in bringing the building up to code.  At this point, all wish to give the young lady a chance, she has the assets apparently to invest into a working establishment. 

Youngstownshrimp

Great idea and we will if boss man Swierz gives the order, I'm just the worker.
Actually, we'll wait for your visit and accept your sweat equity.  :) :) :)

AllanY2525

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on February 12, 2014, 07:48:08 AM
The 7th ward and the Landbank (county) are moving right along.  I'm beginning to see Youngstown falling in lockstep with the excitement of a new educated leader.  Councilman Swierz and the 7th ward have their meeting tonight and I was just e-mailed by the County Landbank that we have a meeting at 10:30 tomorrow to discuss the transfer of the old Point property to the City.
I think we should deconstruct the Point buildings and salvage and recycle the material.  I wonder if the 7th ward have manpower to help? 

Ron,

Have you tried contacting C.C.A. about labor to help with the project?  They have done a lot of
work on Market Street, landscaping vacant lots, etc.... just an idea.

:D

Youngstownshrimp

Youngstownshrimp

john r. swierz

Now  Youngstownshrimp let get it straight. The meeting is on friday at 10:30pm to discuss the possibilities of that happening.

iwasthere

that is correct and they are not on my inc. level.

Youngstownshrimp

In other words, I don't want to help because I live in another district, nice.

iwasthere

Youngstownshrimp

Name members of this blog who live in the seventh ward?
1. Iwasthere, does he not live in Brownlee woods?
2.  Isn't there a Krupa who also lives there?
3.  Yes, Kennyjoe, is use to be very outspoken?

Towntalk

The next step is to build an amphitheater in Buckeye Park, but for now, one step at a time. Great work Ron!