News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Question

Started by Towntalk, November 18, 2013, 03:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i bet that was one show no one in chicago should had missed that nite.

Towntalk

It's sad that tha Palace never booked him in for a show. I have in my library the soundtrack of a show he did in Chicage with Frank Sinatra and it was great.

iwasthere

no but we have to start somewhere in our fields to gain knowledge, experience and a network of connections. dean martin had his start at the jungle inn as a dealer then one nite the reg nitetime singer was sick and dino step up to the plate. dino singing hit it out of the ball pk one when a hollywood agent was in attendance.

Towntalk

Did you know that John Williams started out as a piano player in a jazz band that played in night clubs?

iwasthere

i agree with tt abt composers for the movie's soundtrack that makes or brks the movie. john williams is one of my favorites. i like henry manicini and burt backrach too.

Towntalk

It would depend upon how the show was received, but I suspect that soundtrack albums for the most part would fall into the same category as classical music while in other cases such as Cats; The Godfather; Phantom of the Opera and Titanic, only a couple of the songs within the show made the charts, while such movies as Star Wars didn't have particular songs that made the play charts on radio. If a movie was a smash hit, such as Gone With The Wind; The Sound of Music; Ben Hur; then sales would be good, and they would as soundtrack albums  go platenum for a while then drop into the cutout mode (discounted). Very few ever become immortal.

AllanY2525

I've often wondered how well movie soundtrack albums sell.  I heard that the soundtrack from "The Matrix"
was a good seller

Towntalk

My two most favorite composer/conductor's of movie music are John Williams and Miklos Rozsa ... Williams for the Star War series and Rozsa for Ben Hur, El Cid, and several other major motion pictures.

AllanY2525

The Godfather  = GOOD soundtrack

Towntalk

What about Star Wars and The Godfather?

Rick Rowlands

The sound track for Star Trek VI certainly made a profound impact on the mood of the movie for me.

Towntalk

Good choices. I have both in my library.

Billy Mumphrey

The good, the bad, and the ugly.  Evita.

Towntalk

This afternoon while working on my music library I got to thinking, especially when it comes to the music in movies. Now we all know that there are songs from movies that make their way onto play charts, but 90% of film music may only find air play on specialized FM stations.
When you go to see a movie just how much of an impact does the music have on you? Would you go out and buy a soundtrack album from that movie?
I downloaded today soundtrack music from Ben Hur and Quo Vadis among other movie music for my library, based on the quality of the music, but I know that not everyone has my taste in music, especially music like in the Star Wars; Phantom Of The Opera; Star Trek type that uses a full orchestra, but I'd really like to know just what impact movie music has on you, and what movie music you would add to your library.
I promise that I'll not be judgemental, and I might even consider adding some of it to my own library. Just remember that this is just for movie soundtrack music please, and I thank you.