News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bring a Friend to Downtown Youngstown

Started by jay, July 14, 2006, 06:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky

Thank you Jay for informing everyone about a variety of topics and events within our community!  We appreciate your dedication and helping to raise our awareness
levels. 

ForumManager

Yes, Please come on down.
It will be good to see you.
I also booked a spot for the Symphony Chorus and will have the spots next to each other.
Several chorus volunteers  are lined up for that table during the day.
If you sing you can sign up for an audition.
You can also get on our "e" mailing list for info about upcoming events.
We will also begin to sell our 50/50 raffle tickets - drawing on December 3 at our Holiday Concert.

jay

It would be interesting to see how many members of this forum stop to visit the mahoningvalley.info table on Saturday.  Maybe the forum manager would be willing to give us a report after the street festival.

jamesrivers

That's right come on Downtown...Just drive on past the isolated and ignored Black Communities...Its OK they don't need to be included in any form of prosperity due Youngstown...and just like Washington DC ignored it's Black Communities and soon the Robbing will start...It should make for good TV News! ;)

ytowner

Jay don't you run this site, why wouldn't you just be at the table.

jay

I plan to bring two friends to downtown Youngstown for the Community Street Festival and the Luau at Cedars Cafe on Saturday, July 29.  I'll be sure to visit the mahoningvalley.info table at the street festival.

jay

It is my understanding that a few of the downtown restaurants will be open for the Downtown Street Festival.  The Old Precinct restaurant will be open. It is located in the middle of the block on North Phelps Street where the festival will be held.  Other restaurants that might be open include the Cedars, Tomasino's Pizza, and Franko's. 

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on July 14, 2006, 10:07:30 AM
I agree that this is a great idea. The talk shows apparently aren't succeeding in convincing their listeners, but then, it's only when a person can experience the downtown first hand with their own two eyes that they will believe.
I hope to bring my mom down to the downtown street festival.

I've been visiting those other websites, (too often, I think) and the skeptics seem to think that all the talk about a revitalized downtown is either some form of propaganda, or a waste of time because what they see as the real problems, don't appear to be addressed.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

I agree that this is a great idea. The talk shows apparently aren't succeeding in convincing their listeners, but then, it's only when a person can experience the downtown first hand with their own two eyes that they will believe.

If there were more events going on that would bring folks downtown, then we would have a better opportunity to bring friends downtown and show them that it's really safe.

Leah

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I spent quite a bit of time working/playing downtown, but haven't been there that regularly for almost a year now.  Last week I was downtown quite a bit for seminars, job interviews, etc.  I was really impressed with the amount of progress made downtown.  Things are really looking up down there.

I've accepted a new job with a company located downtown.  I can't wait.  It will be so nice to be even closer to all the wonderful things that are happenning there.

jay

Downtown Youngstown still has a perception problem.  Recently I talked with a person who believed that downtown Youngstown is not a safe place.  Each of us should bring a skeptical person to one of the upcoming events in downtown Youngstown. Maybe we could win back the confidence of the general population one person at a time.