News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Defend Youngstown… or Profit from Youngstown?

Started by TrueDevotion, August 31, 2013, 02:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: iwasthere on June 26, 2014, 04:43:30 PM
WHO CARES WHAT PHIL KIDD DOES WITH HIS TIME. IT IS NONE 0F MY BUSINESS. :o

Quote from: AllanY2525 on June 27, 2014, 02:41:25 AMI applaud any honest effort made by ANYONE  that helps to make a difference for the better in Youngstown.  He as the right to make a living just like anyone else, I could care less what he does besides his store, as far as working in a bar, etc.

Not relevent.

Exactly.
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

I applaud any honest effort made by ANYONE  that helps to make a difference for the better in Youngstown.  He as the right to make a living just like anyone else, I could care less what he does besides his store, as far as working in a bar, etc.

Not relevent.

iwasthere

WHO CARES WHAT PHIL KIDD DOES WITH HIS TIME. IT IS NONE 0F MY BUSINESS. :o

Peggy Gurney

Phil is doing just fine. YN is doing fine. He was asked to help out with bartending once in a while, so he took them up on it.
No secrets.   ;)

I read above where someone said that every time they drive by YN it's empty and he's sitting behind his desk alone.
That's odd. Every time I go to YN it's pretty darn busy.  So the commenter above must be driving by during the hours YN is closed.
He's usually there during that time as well, doing business, or putting out his newsletters, etc.

I don't understand the Phil Kidd haters. Especially TD. You've lived here - how long? 
Why don't you attempt to get to know the guy?  You might find that you actually LIKE him, and respect what he's doing.
~ Normal is overrated ~

YoungstownBiker

I saw him bartending, so I will take a shot and say that things must be rough and business is not doing well anymore.

AllanY2525

Rick, I might be able to help you out, since I have my own Internet domain, ie:

allthingsyoungstown.net

Since the web server is located right in my family room, I have total control
over it and still have lots of space on the server for more content.  Let me know
if you'd be interested in sending photos directly, I can create a private FTP login
for you.

Send me a private message if you are interested....

Peggy Gurney

O/T - I wish this board had the thumbs up/down feature.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

Phil Kidd did attend YSU a few years back and it was at that time that he developed a fondness for Yo.
BTW, I'm 54, and moved from Florida to Youngstown 9 yrs ago.  Have I turned my back on Florida?  Nope.
But like TT, I consider Youngstown my adopted hometown. 
~ Normal is overrated ~

Rick Rowlands

I would post more about the industrial archeology work that I do but attaching photos is a real pain, especially since flickr changed the way they do things.  Can't imbed photos anymore.

AllanY2525

L.O.L.

The folks on here attend meetings, and Jay keeps us informed ( thanks Jay ! ) about all KINDS
of stuff around town.

I learn just as much on this board as I do on the local news as far as the issues and happenings back
home in Youngstown.

TrueDevotion

Quote from: TrueDevotion on April 03, 2014, 04:52:40 PM
Still here, just not much to talk about I guess. Anything new with Defend Youngstown?

I honestly think he's fading out of the public spotlight. I drive down Phelps too occasionally and never see anyone in there. I asked a downtown businessman I am friends with who occasionally talks about Defend Youngstown/Youngstown Nation/Phil "What exactly does Phil do that makes him so great?" and the response I got was "He attends many meetings" and "keeps the community informed". Uhh.... alright.

Youngstownshrimp

Wow, how can you read this message board and not chime in once in awhile?
As far as Defend, I don't know, kind of eerie, I drive through Phelps and I see him just sitting there behind a laptop, kind of spooky if you ask me.  He does seem to have a following with all the Defend YTown merchandise.  I have to give it to him though, he is becoming a merchant and jumped into Capitalism, he walked over to the dark side  :) .
Unless, we wake up one day and out pours Tshirts and merchandise emblazoned with propaganda denouncing Capitalism.  Or the MVOC morps into Defend Youngstown Jackboot Army, attacking the oil and gas industry.  Who knows, my honest opinion is that the Days of Occupy Youngstown and Defend Youngstown have past Phil by, Youngstown does not need defending anymore, Capitalism, our birthright has returned to save us all, even bigger than the Steel industry.  It is called ENERGY.....and it is making us Global again! :)

TrueDevotion

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on April 03, 2014, 02:42:55 PM
What happened to TRUE DEVOTION, did we scare him off?

Still here, just not much to talk about I guess. Anything new with Defend Youngstown?

Youngstownshrimp

What happened to TRUE DEVOTION, did we scare him off?

kenneyjoe330

Welcome Newbie TrueDevotion (TD) - I am glad you have brought up your concerns about Phil Kidd to this forum.  I have been on this forum for awhile and I do enjoy a good round of discussion and views on the "facts".   Please believe me I am very pleasantly "taken aback" to see Youngstownshrip and Rick Rowland express themself concerning Phil.  Thank You Gentlemen  :-*

I will come right out and say if it were possible I would be The NUMBER ONE FAN of Phil Kidd.  I wounder the exact same things that you have about my idol Phil Kidd,  :o therefore you can readily see how glad I am that you asked ! ! !  If you think Phill and his compatriots have done something illegal AND you do not care for him then why don't you do "the correct thing" and report him to the authorities??? ???  YOU have that pleasure and right to bring his wrong  :laugh: to the proper authorities and the Justice it deserves.  A Good Citizen should ALWAYS report crime - I have a sign in my yard that says " Crime - Don't Support It - Report It.  I suggest YOU do just that - it IS YOUR DUTY - EXPOSE THE BUM for who he is  :laugh:  A simple "tip" to the IRS should do it  ;D and who knows you just may get a buck or two out of it and some notoriety 8)