News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Liberty Plaza

Started by Towntalk, June 22, 2006, 02:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on July 11, 2006, 06:52:20 AM
Aisles are too small?  Pleeeze!!!!  Some people will complain about just about anything.

You have to admit that it's next to impossible to shop at Wal-Mart without either being in someone else's way or someone being in your way every time you try to move.  There is no common courtesy practiced there either, it seems like people leave their manners in the parking lot every time they shop at Wal-Mart.

I shop at Target all the time and never seem to have these problems.

I'd rather be the one who complains about the aisles being too close together than hating Wal-Mart because they are a successful business doing what we all want to do:  Make Money.

Rick Rowlands

Aisles are too small?  Pleeeze!!!!  Some people will complain about just about anything.

Towntalk

One of the best sites for a home improvement store would be the old K-Mart building on Belmont. Stambaugh Thompson had a store on one side and there's plenty of parking.

If a high traffic business were to move in, hopefully that could encourage others to move into the part that K-Mart had.

AllanY2525

They [ie: Lowes or Home Depot at a Belmont Ave location] would probably also
get business from Girard and parts of Niles, Weathersfield Township, etc.

Leah

You know why I hate Wal-Mart? No deep rooted moral reasons, but,  because the aisles are too darn small!  I get so stressed out when I go to Wal-Mart.  You can't move with-out being in someone's way or someone being in your way.  Everyone gets so crazy in there.  Like Wal-Mart is suddenly going to sell out of whatever it is that they came they for.  I have no idea why.  You wait in the check out line forever no matter what, too.

But, I agree that it will be good for the community.

Rick Rowlands

Whats to hate about WalMart?  They are just fulfilling people's needs.  If most towns really hated WalMart then why are they so busy?

AllanY2525

Leah,

I fall under that category - ie: the crowd that's going to renovate vacant properties on the  North Side.

I now own two vacant properties, one of which will be ready to live in by the end of September.

:)

ytowner

SAD... Most towns hate WALMART, This stinking town is praising it for coming.... Where did I go wrong?!

Towntalk

Add to that list Youngstown Cabinet Works, Inc. 188 Indianola Ave. ... Youngstown Curve Form 1102 Rigby Both do kitchen remodeling.

jay

Please try to patronize the small stores within the city of Youngstown for your home fix-up needs.

Youngtown Plumbing & Hardware
2536 Mahoning Avenue

Ace Lumber Company  (Herb Sause of Saturday WKBN radio fame)
1039 Poland Avenue

Leah

A Home Depot or Lowes in Liberty would be awesome. 

I think it would do quite well.  They'd get the Liberty crowd, plus the crowd that's going to renovate all the vacant properties on the North Side.

(I'm experimenting with the power of positive thinking!)

AllanY2525

Once the Walmart is open in Liberty Plaza, maybe we stand a chance of
getting a hardware store somewhere on Belmont Avenue.  The old K-Mart
plaza would be a GREAT location for a Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

:)

Towntalk

My landlady will really apperiate that. Those narrow isles can be murder.

ForumManager

You're welcome!
BTW  It is bigger and better now that it's moved.
You don't feel sandwiched in the aisles.

Towntalk

Thanks for the street names. I don't know Liberty streets.