News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Photo Library

Started by Towntalk, November 06, 2012, 02:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

UPDATE

Because the new webshots is a subscription only website, I am going to allow it to go away, and it will no longer be available.

My friend saved all the photos - 1300+ for me so that I wouldn't lose them completely.

I hate it when this happens, but I'm afraid that more sites are going commercial subscription only, so I'm not going to try to find another free site to save my library.

Towntalk

Webshots recently made some major changes that will affect the library of Youngstown historical photos --- some 1300  --- that I created and they may no longer be available for viewing or downloading.

I was given the option of downloading them in a zip file but due to the size --- some 140m --- I can't stay connected long enough to downloading the whole file. And since I have no intention of sharing my user name and password, I'll just have to allow the photos to be lost to the world, as I no longer have the energy to rebuild the library.

If per chance after the deadline has passed, and I find that the library was moved to the new site, I'll let everyone know and will update the link.

I hate it when these websites make such major changes because I lost another website because of changes and had to completely rebuild it, but lost many of the functions that were available at the old site.

Fortunately I do have CD's with all the photos , but because of the number of CD's in my Youngstown history library I can not share individual photos because of time restraints on my part.