News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

All Halloweens Should Be On The Same Day

Started by jay, November 03, 2012, 06:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

As usual on our street ... zero ... nada ... nothing ... no one ... and it was heavenly peaceful.

With all the parties which are great ... well supervised ... and at appropiate hours for the little ones, there's no need for the door to door business.

Also there's less chance of our beloved little ones getting hurt or receiving bad stuff.

Sure it would put a world of hurt on the grocery stores, but better our little angels are in a safe location enjoying themselves and making new friends than running the streets and being placed at risk by kids who want to steal their candy, and possably hurt them.

northside lurker

We only had about 15 kids this year, (smallest turnout yet) because most of the kids in the neighborhood went elsewhere.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

iwasthere

Rick Rowlands

Here is a radial idea.  Lets have Halloween on Oct. 31.

iwasthere

i pour hot bubbling oil with feathers onto the halloweeners from my my window over the frt porch while i am wearing a warlock outfit.

Towntalk

Amen brother Dennis, couldn't agree with you more.

irishbobcat

Back in the day Halloween was a neighborhood thing....now parents and kids just hop in the car and drive from town to town....
Used to be a time when you knew who most of the kids were or at least they knew you and thanked you by name after coming to your door....
now it just seems to be a bunch of teen-agers looking for a free handout...God, I know sound like a republican.....
All you can do is when you run out of candy....turn out the lights and call it a day.....or just don't pass out candy at all.

jay

Youngstown switched its Halloween to today, Saturday, November 3.  After only one hour, I have had triple the number of halloween kids that I had last year.