News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Is Youngstown Ready For The Hurricane Sandy?

Started by jay, October 28, 2012, 05:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

and the city will listen to the ytown residents and obey their bosses(ytown res).

stewie

I am sure the City cleaned every sewer out in the last week since they found out about the storm. I mean they had an entire week to do it.

iwasthere

their excuse will be that the city's coffers does not have the monies to clean out the sewers but they have the monies to spend on a study for an efficient government even though the charter review committee made the same suggestions fora whopping price, FREE.

Towntalk

Surely you jest my friend, surely you jest. The city proactive on anything? I can't recall the last time the sewers on my street were flushed out, and I've lived here for almost 30 years. Tuesday night we're suppose to have snow ... want to bet that the snow plows haven't been touched since last winter, and they're just starting to think about ordering salt.

jay

Has anyone from the city administration said anything about preparations for effects of Hurricanne Sandy?  A lot of rain is expected.  Have all the storm sewers been cleaned out?  I bet many of them are clogged with leaves and other debris.  Neighborhood flooding could result.