News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

MONDAY DOWNTOWN WARNING/ADVISORY

Started by Towntalk, October 26, 2012, 09:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

and the three ring circus  travels to next town to do their snake oil salesmen show.

Towntalk

4800 brave the rain for the Biden/Clinton Show.

Towntalk

According to WFMJ News reporter Michelle Nicks an estimated crowd of 2000 were at the Covelli Center for tickets to the event, and that does not include tickets that were made available at party headquarters, so just how many will actually show up if the latest weather reports are correct, and how many will opt to watch it on TV or on the radio?

Towntalk

After reading the WKBN story I can agree with you now, Dennis. As I said, I've been under the weather big time and spent most of the day sleeping, and didn't have the TV on, or spent much time on the computer.

irishbobcat

I still expect the crowd to be a bit down because Biden is replacing Obama....
Jill Stein and the Green Party don't have the financial resources to be as visible as Obama and Romney.
She is expected to be in Ohio probably this weekend.....most likely Cincy,Columbus,Cleveland, or Toledo.

Towntalk

Monday's planned campaign stop by President Obama and former President Clinton is undergoing a major revision.

A statement released about 6:30 p.m. from the Office of the Press Secretary says that Vice President Joe Biden will now make the appearance in place of the President.

"Tomorrow the President will return to the White House following his event in Orlando, FL, to monitor Hurricane Sandy, which is currently forecast to make landfall along the Eastern seaboard later tomorrow. The event in Youngstown, OH, will move forward with President Clinton and include Vice President Biden.

The President continues to be regularly updated on the storm. Today, he participated in an operations briefing at the National Response Coordination Center at FEMA Headquarters in Washington, D.C. During the briefing, FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate updated the President on ongoing deployments of teams and resources by federal partners to support state and local responders in potentially affected areas. The President also received an update on the storm from National Hurricane Director Rick Knabb, and later spoke directly with Governors and Mayors from potentially impacted states to ensure there were no unmet needs. The President continues to receive regular updates on the storm, and continues to direct his team to make sure all available resources are brought to bear to support state and local partners."

Weather conditions along the eastern seaboard are rapidly deteriorating as Hurricane Sandy approaches from offshore, and widespread catastrophic damage is likely.

Locally, a high wind warning goes into effect at noon Monday, a full five and a half hours before the dignitaries are due to take the stage. By then the area is expected to be buffeted by torrential, wind-driven rain and wind gusts in excess of 55 mph.

Towntalk

I've been under the weather big time today so I missed the news that Biden would replace Obama, but that doesn't mean that there won't be a large crowd at the event.

By the way, why hasn't the Green party candidate made any appearance in the valley even via a surrogate or TV ads?

irishbobcat

Obama is not coming.....staying back to monitor Frankenstorm.....With the lousy weather....Some folks will opt to stay home for only Biden and Bill...

Towntalk

The President of the United States and former President Bill Clinton on the same bill ... you can safely risk your last penny that it will be a SRO crowd. You can also bet that all the networks will have camera crews to document the event. The local TV stations will televise it live and WKBN 570 will no doubt broadcast it live.

irishbobcat

Crowd will be down......no traffic jams tomorrow.....carry on....

jay

How many people will still show up to see the VP?

iwasthere

northside lurker

Since I work across the street from the Covelli Center, and don't drive, I'm kind of looking forward to the spectacle, Monday.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

iwasthere

wrta should offer shuttle services from the dt wrta station to the covelli no additional charge.

jay

Suggestion for those coming from the west

Park your car in a parking lot along Mahoning Avenue.  Have something to eat at one of our west side restaurants.  Take the 40-Austintown or 35-Cornersburg WRTA bus to downtown Youngstown.