News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

What I learned from last night's debate

Started by irishbobcat, October 17, 2012, 05:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Sarge, you're right...that is another argument....

and we don't need to go there.....

Cheers!

Towntalk

As for Brush Brimbaugh  :P Nuff said.

As far as Larry King is concerned, he'll be no different than any of the other moderators  :P again nuff said.

What is needed is a moderator that has absolutely no connection with the media period ... not even as a guest. A granite bodied speech professor that has a backbone of steel that will enforce the rules to the last jot and tittle. Both debaters required to stay seated as was the case with the Kennedy-Nixon debate.

The theatricals that the media loves more than life itself are obscene ... this is not about ratings ... this is about the future of the United States of America.

sfc_oliver

Since when does a Moderator tell a candidate that they are wrong?

Especially when they weren't.  But I'm sure that is another argument.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Towntalk:

If the moderator had told Romney to sit down and shut up, the conservatives would have crucified her and painted her as another "bias liberal journalist" with a very broad brush.

They already attacked her in force for her "fact check" on Mitt....I read it on the internet for the past two days. I am sure Rush would have had some really choice names for her if she had told Mitt to shut up and sit down.

It will be interesting to see how Larry King handles the final debate. Just wondering if he'll smack both candidates with his susspenders if they both get out of line.

irishbobcat

Sarge, not a stupid question....

I simply wanted a yes or no response if you believed Mitt was disrespectful.

Too bad both candidates both can't remember what we learned in grade school...

Two wrongs don't make it right...

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

sfc_oliver

Yes Dennis we all know that Romney was disrespectful.

You want to allow disrespect from one and not the other...

I say it was wrong from both of them....

There is no reason why you are harassing me for an answer which i have already provided.

Now you start showing some respect and accept a valid answer to a very stupid question.

irishbobcat

Again, Sarge, quit using your Mitt Romney act on me...

A simple yes or no answer is all that is required of you....Was Mitt Romney disrespectful to the  President last night?

Afraid to answer a simple yes and no question?

You are starting to sound like a typical conservative....

Towntalk

As the flurry of activity from Tuesday's presidential debate fades into the election background, details emerge of Mitt Romney telling a group of largely conservative small business owners to exert their influence on their employees over how to vote.
In an audio recording of a conference call Romney held with the staunchly anti-union National Federation of Independent Business, the Republican presidential candidate urges his listeners to tell their staff which way to vote, in terms that are almost Dickensian.
The recording was highlighted by In These Times, in which Romney can be heard saying:
I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections. And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope, I hope you pass those along to your employees.
Romney's use of the phrase "what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future" is open to multiple interpretations. But some employers have already taken similar advice: Koch Industries has sent employees at one of its companies an "information packet" that included an endorsement of the Romney/Ryan presidential ticket:
In a voter information packet obtained by In These Times, the Koch Industries corporate leadership informed tens of thousands of employees at its subsidiary, Georgia Pacific, that their livelihood could depend on the 2012 election and that the company supports Mitt Romney for president.
Such deliberate political lobbying is no longer illegal, thanks to the 2006 Citizens United ruling that blew away many restrictions on companies and their political lobbying operations.

Towntalk

With the stakes so high, the moderator needs to exercise control over the debate, and not allow either debater to violate the rules. On Candy's Sunday morning program, she's tough as a railroad spike, and the guest doesn't get away with the sort of antics that Romney pulled on her. Both Romney and Obama said to #### with the rules, and got away with it. What doesn't either man understand about TWO MINUTES then shut up?

Candy's no dummy ... she's been in the Washington scene for years, and she has forgotten more than either Romney or Obama will ever remember. That's why she was chosen to moderate the debate.

When Romney walked up to her and talked over her, she should have stood up and told him to sit down and shut up!

sfc_oliver

Once again, respect goes two ways.........

What more can anyone say? You want respect earn it and give it.

irishbobcat

Towntalk, nice to see you like to bully and poke fun at someone who is overweight....I guess you learned this from watching Mitt Romney....

Sarge, if Romney is the rightous Mormon who preaches Christian values, shouldn't he take the high road and be more respectful?

Simple question Sarge, do you believe Mitt Romney was disrespectful to the president in the second debate? I know you believe Obama and Biden were disrespectful. Forget about them. Was Romney disrespectful to Obama in the second debate? Please give me a simple answer and don't try to change the subject like Romney always does.

Towntalk

Actually the blame rests with that chubby chick moderator for letting things get out of hand. She was more interested in moderating a blood sport theatrical event than a serious debate.

Judging from the weight she carries around the name "Candy" fits.

sfc_oliver

Respect is a two way street..........

You should have learned that years ago.....

Romney was no more disrespectful than The president was and a lot more respectful than the VP was to Ryan....

Stop making excuses.......

irishbobcat

Yes, it is a debate...I took debate class in school, you are never taught to act like Romney did last night.
Pretty typical response of the right as I see it too....
Romney showed no respect to the office he wants to occupy....
I am sure if Romney wins and when people begin to protest his policies and directions,
Sarge, you'll be the first conservative yelling about how the left is terrible for disrespecting Romney...
For someone who wore the uniform of this country, Supporting Romney and his disrespect for the Commander in Chief
is insulting.

Again, Clinton respected President Bush in 1992...why can't Romney address President Obama in the same way?