News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Beware:Mailing Absentee Ballots Back Costs Extra Postage!

Started by irishbobcat, October 13, 2012, 12:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

mah boe knows the mishap on the ballots and the mah boe will accept all ballots with 44 cents or 65 cents. the mah boe will pay the cost of ballots that do not have the proper postage.

sfc_oliver

My wife's absentee ballot specified 65 cent postage in the instructions, as did my brothers.

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

joly1584

Irishbobcat - you may not need tri-focals afterall.

A friend of mine got an absentee ballot.  It only says to apply proper postage it does not specify 65 cents like mine did.  Another friend said their instructions did specify the 65 cents.  We all applied for our absentee ballots by returning the forms sent to us by John Husted and we all live in Mahoning County. 

Can't the board of elections be consistent? ::)

I also noticed the instructions weren't as specific about how to put the ballot into the first envelope.  It used to be that they wanted it facing a certain way when it was pulled out of the envelope.

iwasthere

Rick Rowlands

If it were a TRUE Republican conspiracy it would not have a place for a return address!

sfc_oliver

Quote from: jay on October 14, 2012, 07:22:31 PM
Question

Does the absentee ballot return envelope have a place for listing your return address?

Yes it does..........

jay

Question

Does the absentee ballot return envelope have a place for listing your return address?

iwasthere

i wil bring this matter up to the league of women voters monitors. sarge i called the pres of the league of women voters to inform hr of this snapfu.

sfc_oliver

Honestly I didn't see that when I mailed my wives ballot. (I always go to the polls) But I figured it seemed over sized and placed an extra stamp on it...........

Some times common sense rules......

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on October 13, 2012, 09:44:31 PM
Gotta find fault with everything.
rr would you give jennifer brunner a pass if this incur under her watch. they should printed in the upper right hand corner of the envelop to avoid confusion.

Rick Rowlands

irishbobcat

Me bad...maybe I need to get tri-focals....
How many people read the bottom of the instructions? Maybe the instructions should have been at the top?

joly1584

Being that the envelople provided is oversize I assume it would cost extra postage.  At the bottom of the instructions it says "The cost of returning your ballot to the Board of Elections will be $0.65(Sixty-fix Cents). This will insure prompt delivery of your ballot."  It does not say it will cost an additional 65 cents.

I have voted absentee ever since a special reason was not required to vote absentee.  It is worth the postage to avoid the chaos at St. Christine.  It was easier when I voted at Kirkmere Elementary or Volney Rogers Middle School, but St. Christine seemed more disorganized.

irishbobcat

Went to the Post Office this morning and there was a sign on the counter that read "Absentee Ballots mailed cost an additional 65 cents in postage."
Was this information printed anywhere on the ballots or in the information provided with the ballots?