News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"How Youngstown's homeowners can benefit from minerals."

Started by Youngstownshrimp, September 21, 2012, 11:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Update:  Columbiana is almost completed in infrastructure and leasing.  Chesapeake and Hilcorp have recently secured large cash infusions to begin widespread drilling.  Hilcorp secured $1.4 billion and is aggressively drilling along the PA/Ohio border.  Very soon they will be entering the eastern portion of Mahoning county which includes the eastside of Youngstown.

Youngstownshrimp

Right on Rick!  as we advance in energy production, it includes green technology.

Rick Rowlands

I'm making an addition to my planned solar electrical system at the Tod Engine with the installation of a single cylinder internal combustion engine that will initially run on propane, but could run on nat. gas once I put in a line.  The engine was built to drive a pump jack in the oil fields, but I have repurposed it to turn a generator to make 120/240 VAC.  The engine will demonstrate the suitability of natural gas as a clean motor fuel.

Dennis, you aren't going to win this battle.  Youngstown needs the revenue that drilling will bring in, and your fears are largely unfounded and not based on real facts. The benefits vastly outweigh the risks.

Youngstownshrimp

Dennis, Greeting and Salutations!
As you know I am a strong proponent of green energy and environmental soundness.  I wish you Rick and I can produce the hydraulic ram pump on our creeks and rivers in Mahoning county someday.  Harnessing our waters energy would be nothing less than a revelation to what you as a green party leader has been trying to educate the masses on.  I myself have been successful in showing the unbelievers that green shrimp can be grown in Youngstown and was arrested by the naysayers for it.
Let me ask for your permission to use this analogy to describe where we are today as a civilization.  Moore's law is always in play in electronic chips today and I wish it would apply to energy equally but unfortunately it does not.  Take for instance the IPhone , we all want the IPhone 6,7 10, 21, or 10000; it is not here yet.  So we must use what we have the current state-of-the-art IPhone.  Do we know the advancement is coming , yes ...but no one knows the hour or day the messiah will return.  You see my friend it is as horizontal drilling, us energy addicted guzzlers must have our energy now and we do not have the wind, solar, gravity and perpetual motion today.  So we must continue to use the gas pump and gas heat to live.
I know you are aware and live the same life as us energy sucking frackers, but you are doing your job to preach to us all that we must push for renewable energy and I applaud you for this, keep it up my friend and one day if it comes in our lifetime you can finally rest as gravity is harnessed and combustion energy will be obsolete. 

Towntalk

EDITORS NOTE:

By "outsiders" I am NOT referring to the company that drafted the report reference to in my last post. The reference is to those individuals - "naddering naybobs of negitivism" who live outside the city limits.

irishbobcat

Fracking is NOT commerce, it is criminal! Private profit at public cost! Short term profits, long term health and environmental devastation! Boom and Bust! MASSIVE PR duping of our population! Energy independence from terrorist fuel sources? (NO, profits for the multi-national companies)
Clean fuel? (NO, a process as dirty or dirtier than coal and more harmful to the atmosphere) AND WHAT ABOUT: WASTE GENERATION AND DISPOSAL, FEDERAL EXEMPTIONS from CLEAN AIR and WATER ACTS, SAFE DRINKING WATER ACT and others, AND EARTHQUAKES!
BAN FRACKING NOW!

Towntalk

Lets all step back a minute and consider the facts ... the very real facts. Youngstown in very near bankruptcy. That is a fact that was brought home to Council last week as if it needed to be told that. Even though we have the second highest income tax in the state that is still not enough to take the city out of the red, and to raise it any higher would only drive more working families out of the city.

There are 100 proposals that have been put before council to solve this economic dilemma by a group that council hired, but it will take time to implement them, and in the meantime we're still bleeding much needed dollars.

Now to be perfectly honest about it I simply could care less what outsiders have to say about this problem, because they have no investment in the city ... they don't live here ... they don't pay city income tax to the city of Youngstown ... and could go so far as to say that what the city decides to do is none of their business unless they are willing to put their cold hard cash where their mouths are.

If leasing city owned land will bring in desperately needed cash then lease it. If selling the convocation center and the office building will help, then do it.

I for one am sick and tired of outsiders trying to tell our city officials how to run the city.

irishbobcat

Ron, I wish you would back green energy as much as you would fracking....
Wouldn't green energy create jobs, boost the economy, and end the welfare state as well?

Youngstownshrimp

Seems like the landless anti frackers are again trying to sway the Mayor from joining the energy boom that eastern Ohio has been blessed with.  For all the wailing and praying for the steel mills to return, for some unwarranted reason God has bestowed the blessing of gold under Youngstown's feet. 
What awaits Youngstown when the municipality agrees to lease the City land is a reentering of energy companies to lease and harvest minerals generating substantial proceeds.  Once the Mayor opens the gates of Youngstown, all of you property taxpaying residents of Youngstown will share in the wealth of your lands whether your land is a city lot or acreage.  As I have foretold here in the past, every inch of ground is needed to tap into the Utica shale formation whereas Mahoning county is the only county that appears to sit entirely on the wet gas portion of this formation.  As well as being one of the highest priced acreage in the entire Utica shale fairway.
Again, if your lot is a quarter acre, an advanced five year rental fee to you will be $1250 for five years unrefundable.  When your lot is included in a drilling unit (no you will never see a well on your lot, they need six acres) estimates are $1000 an acre per month on the low side for 30 to 50 years.  Not to mention if a transmission pipeline goes through your land, more revenue will pour in. 
If you are a property taxpayer in Youngstown, just think of the help your minerals can fetch for you.  Just think of how much revenue the City can garner from its dormant acreage?  The City claims to have thousands of acres, do the math and with a thousand acres that is a million a month......for 30 to 50 years.  Truely this windfall can propell Youngstown out of the dark ages and put it back on the fast tract to industrial prosperity where it evolved from.  We are an industrial town that was repopulated by the dependent class, all property owners must rally behind the Mayor because for once we have a leader who is not a proponent of the welfare state that Youngstown is in.  It appears that he has been educated about the defunding of Youngstown by the government and grant providers and he knows joining free enterprise is the only way.
For those of the hipster non property owner class, who wish to delve into unqualified rhetoric, don't waste my time, go to GoMarcellusshale.com if you wish to debate the science, but as other hipsters who dared, the professionals who are on that site will give you the smack down in a matter of seconds.
For those of you who are property owners in Youngstown and truely wish to advance once again, you may go to that mineral landowner's site and become educated as I have.