News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

I'm Not Watching.....

Started by jay, July 27, 2012, 08:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on July 28, 2012, 12:00:54 PM
Used to be they weren't allowed........ I wonder when and why that changed?????
But regardless we agree on that.
now i know why it thunder this aftenoon. this changed at the 2000 olmypics.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on July 28, 2012, 10:40:54 AM
i have a problem with pro athletes competing against amature athletes in the olympics thus causing an unbalance playing field.

Used to be they weren't allowed........ I wonder when and why that changed?????
But regardless we agree on that.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

i have a problem with pro athletes competing against amature athletes in the olympics thus causing an unbalance playing field.

sfc_oliver

I won't sit and watch the Olympics, But I will watch the highlights.

As far as compensation, if they win they will get sponsorships. If they don't, well they knew what they were signing up for.... Besides I'll bet every one of them wouldn't pass up the opportunity for the world....
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Athletes not being compensated? I do think LeBron and the US basketball team make enough money doing their thing....

and every US athlete doing commercials is not being compensated? I find that hard to believe....

In regards to Jimmy and Joepa, Tressel and Paterno both looked the other way and got caught....

Youngstownshrimp

Rick, and this part of corporate America caused Tressel to be sacked and Paterno to be stripped of any dignity.  Hmmmmm....actually it isn't corporate, it is subsidized higher education that failed.

Rick Rowlands

Just another one of these sporting events where the people who do the work cannot be compensated while everyone else makes tons of money.

irishbobcat

Not watching it either......As I get older I find the whole thing quite boring.....

jay

I just noticed that several of us are on the Forum right now.

I'm not watching the olympics either.

OC - buy American Made clothing