News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Vandalism to Historic Building

Started by jay, May 26, 2006, 06:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I drove past the Isaly building the other day and the paint was still on the side of the building.  The rain does not appear to have washed any of the paint away.

Matt Schwartz

If it was done with a paintball gun, it should wash right off... If its still there after the storms that we have had, I'll be surprised!

jay

The U-Haul Company rents various types of equipment.  We need to convince them to clean up their building ASAP.

Frank Rizzo

Paint thinner or bleach. By the looks of the building from the photo they should grap some scrub pads and bleach and just finish the job.

jay

Some type of paint has been splattered on the front of the Isaly building located on Mahoning Avenue at Glenwood.  The paint is between the second and third floors.  I suspect this vandalism was done using a paint ball gun.
How difficult is it to remove that type of paint?

AllanY2525

Geez.... I spent about an hour today with a pressure washer, blasting
spray-painted graffitti off the front of my apartment building... so I can
definitely sympathize here!

:/

Leah

jay

One of the our city's historic buildings has recently been vandalized.  I hope to take a photo this weekend.