News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The rest of the story

Started by Candy, May 23, 2006, 02:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah

Quote from: AllanY2525 on May 25, 2006, 09:50:57 PM
From what I have been told by local Youngstown friends, trash removal
service (for residential propeties) is linked to city water service.  If you
don't have water service, then you don't have city trash service, either.

I would think that the fact that if you pay your water bill, you get trash service would be a plus.  Most people are pretty motivated to keep their water turned on.

Frank Rizzo

Those same kids you see on the news shooting and looting people in the juvenile detention centers should be utilized to clean up the trash and garbage that other lazy residents discard. Isn't there a community service program for people when they go to court instead of going to jail. There are ways to clean up this city.

AllanY2525

From what I have been told by local Youngstown friends, trash removal
service (for residential propeties) is linked to city water service.  If you
don't have water service, then you don't have city trash service, either.

This is probably one of the reasons people are dumping things all over
the city - trash removal is NOT a free service.

Other reasons might include plain, old-fashioned laziness.

jay

This is one of many trash dumps along the roads of our city.  Dumpers often use secluded areas to leave their trash.  What is difficult to comprehend is why, in a city with free curbside collection, do these people continue to ruin our community.

Candy

Youngstown is a wonderful town with a great history that dates back to 1796, and I must have over 1000 pictures of it in my library, but there is another side of the story that must be shown ... the rough side of our city.

In order to fully understand what a monumental job we have ahead if Youngstown is to come back as we want it to, we also need to see the ugly side of our city in photos vivid enough to shock us out of our apathy.

There are a number of photographers in this group ... why not take some pictures of the blight that we all know exists.

Simply concentrating on downtown Youngstown, YSU and Mill Creek Park does not reflect the whole picture. They are great ... many works of art, but they do not represent the total story of Youngstown.

Perhaps if enough negative pictures were shown, they would wake up the powers that be.

I congradulate Jay for the few negative pictures he has put up on this board, they are needed towake us up. Lets have more with the sincere hope that they will inspire the city to place as much effortin the neighborhoods as they do the downtown area.