News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Vacant Properties Workshop - Wednesday, June 14

Started by jay, May 23, 2006, 06:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

AllanY2525

I think that Youngstown needs to make people more aware of the online
website for the county auditor's office.  It is definitely a very useful tool -
especially when combined with the G.I.S. system (which allows users to
see aerial views of any address in the whole county).

jay

The auditorium for the workshop was packed.  This was the best turnout of citizens in a long time. 

The Cleveland area has a web data base that allows anyone to find almost any piece of information about a property.  It is hoped that this information will help planners and developers to stop the decline of neighborhoods.  I will post the web links within the next day.

northside lurker

I would like to have gone, but I simply did not want to go through the hassle of finding a way to get there and home again.

If anyone here attended the workshop, would you be willing to share what was discussed?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Everyone living in Youngstown should attend this presentation.  This a vary important topic.

jay

Vacant Properties: Neighborhood Liability or Asset?

Wednesday, June 14
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Zona Hall
Butler Institute of American Art
Wick Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio

Purpose: Before communities can plot their comeback, they must address the scourge of vacant properties.  Often civic leaders attempt to use short-term solutions.  To make significant gains, cities must make vacant property initiatives part of their long-term comprehensive planning and reinvestment strategy.

Speakers:
Joseph Schilling - National Vacant Properties Campaign, A forum to Raise National Awareness, Coordinate Research, and Provide Technical Assistance

Linda Nelson - Case Western Reserve University CANDO, Effective Reinvestment Strategies Grounded In Information Systems
For more information call
330-259-1750
or visit
www.wickneighbors.org