News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Pocket Parks

Started by jay, March 20, 2012, 05:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

Oh YES that building is STILL there and I think it is still in use - probably as a recording studio - I think.  Every once in a while I see cars parked there and figure they are recording.  I think there were a number of names for the recording studio.  I belonged to a men's church choir whose recording prompted me to join the choir WOW - did they ever make us SOUND GOOD - They did EXCELLENT WORK - JUST EXCELLENT.  I think it was Peppermint Productions.  They did a lot of Ethnic Musical Recordings. 
I love the picture and vaguely remember it being WXTV.   I do know that an MD bought the building for his office and moved it there from the North East Corner of Taylor and Indianola - THAT was in the DAY you could even WALK to the doctors in good OLD Lansingville.  We still have a Dentist  :-X

Towntalk

kennyjoe330 do you remember the old WXTV channel that use to be on East Indenola Blvd.I believe a record company Tammy Records was later located there? Is the building still there?

kenneyjoe330

Here near the Lansingville area we have Homestead Park.  It is relatively well maintained and at one time had fair tennis courts.  I think the Homestead Park is unique in that the people who donated the land and building on it stipulated that if it is NOT maintained then it would all revert back to their descendants.  :o :laugh: .  What would be really really really nice is if the old Woodside Receiving Hospital - which is directly adjacent to Homestead Park - be demolished and the land used to expand the park  8)   Too bad I didn't win the $290 Million the other day.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rick Rowlands

They should concentrate on maintaining the larger parks to higher standards and abandoning the smaller ones.  Just not enough money to maintain a park system built for a much larger and different population. 

What are the major city parks besides Wick Park?

jay

Liability is one of the issues.  Another is the cost of any equipment.  The city feels it already has too many park properties and can't take on additional expenses associated with maintaining new parks.

northside lurker

Is there a liability issue?  (i.e. if a child falls off a piece of equipment and gets hurt)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

City Council's Park & Playgrounds Committee is not interested in providing playground equipment for any neighborhood pocket parks.