News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Indoor Football Team Announced Today

Started by jay, May 01, 2006, 12:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

According to the radio today, the indoor football team is not able to use the Ice Zone.
The team is looking at other venues.

ytowner

I will not support this team whatsoever. I am for DOWNTOWN and ARENA FOOTBALL 2 which is coming, I can assure you that.

NIFL and AF2 are two totally different things in 2 totally different ballparks.... Don't let them fool you.

Micky

This was on WKBN website:

Indoor Football Coming to Valley
Ready for a little football in February? That's the plan for a new professional sports franchise that wants to set down roots in this area.

An investment group wants to establish the Mahoning Valley Hitmen. It's indoor football, not quite the same as the more well-known arena football, and the team will play at the Ice Zone in Boardman.

The general manager, James Terry, insists the franchise can be profitable, even with smaller crowds.

"We want to make sure we have the most solid league. We have heard there might be a break-off forming the Eastern Indoor League. That would comprise teams in Canton, Erie, Steubenville, Troy, us and Toledo. So we want to make sure we have the best fit," said Terry.

Terry is a 1995 graduate of Cardinal Mooney High School. He will hold a news conference May 9 to announce other details about the new league.

Story Created: May 1, 2006 at 9:37 PM EST
Story Updated: May 1, 2006 at 10:19 PM EST

jay

I'm sure the person calling the talk show today stated the games would be at the Ice Zone.   Can this area support two indoor teams?

yfdgricker

Hey Jay, is this the same as your talking about?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the WYTV Web Site on 5/1/2006...

Arena Football May be Heading to the Valley

By this time next year you could be watching arena football at the Chevrolet Centre.  33 News has learned that Youngstown city officials and management at the Chevy Centre are close to bringing in arena football.     

Youngstown Mayor Jay Williams says they have been in discussions for months with a team.

Williams and General Manager Matt Hufnagel hope to have a deal within the next two weeks with a team in the Arena II League.     

The city of Youngstown still has to sign off on any deal between Global and an arena team.

jay

Someone announced the establishment of an indoor football league franchise for the Mahoning Valley.  The games will be played at the Ice Zone.