News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

ACTION snubs Youngstown

Started by Tony, April 08, 2006, 11:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

Dear Ytown - I confess I do not know a lot about ACTION.  Is it a non-profit organization?  I do not know ACTION'S Mission Statement, by-laws or ultimate objective.   Does it get ANY FUNDS from the City of Youngstown?   If ANY FUNDING came from the City of Youngstown then they certainly not only snubbed Youngstown but did the city a disservice by taking monies from it and spending it elsewhere.  I do not believe you can convince me that SOMEPLACE in Youngstown could not be found to hold a banquet with good food and at a reasonable price.  I am in my sixties and have lived in Youngstown all my life - when it comes to politics and even non-profit organizations I am ALWAYS skeptical about their spending habits.  I also have a very bad tendency to "read between the lines" and your sentence "You ever think they could get a better deal and save money at another banquet center."  lets my imagination soar.  The single word "deal" bothers me the most and leads me to wild speculations about a banquet facility with overnight accommodations attached.  Who cares where they hold it? - - Well I hope a lot of people do or rather did since it is long over.  You can certainly say it was a "done deal" and action was taken  :laugh:

ytowner

Tony please. Who cares where they hold it. You ever think they could get a better deal and save money at another banquet center.

For you to state they need new leadership is ridiculous.

ACTION has done a lot for the city, and God Forbid they don't hold a banquet in Youngstown, like there is a lot anyways.

Tony

ACTION is holding their annual banquet in Liberty township.  ACTION was formed to help the poor neighborhoods of Youngstown.   Holding the banquet in Youngstown > helps a city business > employs city residents > generates payrole taxes for the city.  ACTION needs new leadership.