News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"6435 Hits on Marcellus Blog Site"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, August 23, 2011, 08:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Sokoloff

I am glad to see that everyone on here seems to agree that our Veterans and our elderly are suffering at the hands of those who are supposed to be running the show. The question is however, what do we do about it. Again, there are to many able bodied, young, healthy people out there who need to get out and either find a job, or create one. I don't care what your story is if you have are in decent health and all your parts work you can get a job. Hell I know people in wheelchairs that work at places like infocision and refuse to collect benefits, AND THEY ARE IN WHEELCHAIRS.

So when I see a guy who is perfectly healthy and says Hell no I ain't gonna go talk on the phone all day. I can't deal with those people. GET OVER YOURSELF, STOP BEING A WHINING CRYING LITTLE GIRL AND GO DO WHATEVER YOU NEED TO DO TO SUPPORT AT LEAST YOUR WORTHLESS LAZY DRUNK AT NOON ASS AND STOP EXPECTING THE COMMUNITY TO SUPPORT IT.

Where are the protests, the shut downs, the walk offs that Americans once used to get the job done. Oh that's right, unless it is affecting me directly I don't care, well guess what, you don't know what life has in store for you, especially if you are young. What happens if they re-initiate the draft? How about when you get older, how are you going to feel if the government gave away your retirement benefits that you already paid for to some jackass who was to lazy to TALK ON THE PHONE TO MAKE A LIVING.

Of course we need to reduce dramatically reduce foreign aid, we need to banish companies that send our jobs over seas and personally I think it should cost at least the same amount of tax to bring products INTO our country as it does to send them out.

Oh my, a level playing field, how can we rape the American public and sell out our country if we have to play by the same rules.

I support our troops and our vets whole heartedly, NOT BECAUSE I LOVE MY COUNTRY, or even like it for that matter. Our young men and women go to fight for not for the average American, but for the right for despicable low life's to milk the system, send our jobs over seas and continually take everything they can from everyone they can and put it in their own pockets. They are fighting for NAFTA (No American Factories Taking Applications), they are fighting for the oil companies. (All this oil in the US but prices are still sucking at the pumps) and they are fighting for the right of worthless do nothing jack asses to sit around on their ass make babies they not only can not afford to raise, but don't have a clue on how to, and for the right of our government to pay themselves over inflated salaries while the majority of the rest of the country gets screwed.

If Thomas Paine were here today he would be appalled. There is no America, there is no Patriotism and there is no Unity. We are Falling divided because United we no longer stand.

As for the lady who got the shoes, that is how it all starts. One person who feels sorry for someone who is not happy with the FREE SHIT THEY ARE ALREADY GETTING SO THEY FEEL THE NEED TO GIVE AWAY EVEN MORE REGARDLESS OF WHO HAS TO PAY FOR IT.

In the meantime me and mine will continue to stand up in the true American Spirit and move our community forward.

Who wants to help?

Best to all
Tim Sokoloff
Iron Soup Historical Preservation Company
Defenders of our community and the American Way

Tim Sokoloff

Irish I certainly hope we are not get into another pissing match. We are close to having an actual intellectual conversation that may entice others to join in and talk about the problems we have in this valley and some ways to solve them. Ron is who he is and I certainly know that if the opportunity arose to procure all of the company houses including Iron Soup Properties to where they could be used in the fashion that Ron would like them to be used for, and if there were nothing we could do about it, we would be out on our ears and Ron would be smiling because that is his job, to make money no matter what.

Regardless of that fact it does not inspire me to be a child, participate in name calling and lower the intellectual level of a potentially beneficial conversation. Ron is not entitled, he works and works hard, I know because I have worked with him. They guy can get some when it comes to physical labor as we have sweated our asses off side by side to put some shrimp in some ponds and maybe create an industry that has the chance of bringing jobs and revenue to our community. That is the truth and no one can take that away from him. His idea, the method and the potential are sound. 

Again I say though he is just another pawn in a game run by over seas interests, greedy money hungry users of people and things, and those who have no regard for anything or anyone other than making money and as much as they pretend to be the friend of guys like Ron, in the end if it comes down to them or him, guess who gets the axe.

I don't know the legalities of what is going on with the land under our area and how they are going about procuring it but be rest assured that if anything happens to where anyone is drug into court and held responsible for anything it won't be the guys that are are the top of the heap, it will be guys like Ron that they used to obtain their goals. It has happened many time over in many other communities before and here is no different.

Back to the conversation of the entitled, I think we have all defined quite well who the people are that fall into that category. Of course let's keep in mind that if you don't HAND these people a check every month then we all need to invest in more guns and better alarm systems because we won't have enough police to protect us from them.

Right now we are faced with a boatload of serious offenders, gang members and murderers that once occupied this neighborhood years ago and are now starting to get released from prison and want this neighborhood back.  Just last night we watched a crew of them walking up the street blatantly talking about how this was their neighborhood and they want it back and trying to coerce another guy that was with them into shooting one of us because he will only get a few years but they will get life in prison AND THEY KNEW WE WERE SITTING RIGHT THERE LISTENING TO THIS.

Now these are big giant guys, surely strong and healthy, but I'll bet they don't have jobs, and I'll bet wherever they are living at the moment they are collecting some money from our government.

Funny how these guys get out of jail and cry about I can't find a job, well they are right, they can't because I couldn't either with my record, at least not here in Youngstown where my friends and family all live. I could however create an income for myself and I have ever since the day I left prison I have never received a damn thing from job and family services except for the one year I had to take custody of my daughter for 10 months while her mom was going through some issues, and then I only applied for food stamps because I couldn't make ends meet having to take care of myself and my 14 year old kid.

Job and family services does need to start drug testing, and should start demanding a doctor's report as well. I mean what the hell if we are going to hand out free medical, shouldn't we know if the people on it really need it.

It's like the guys who come here and think we are here to sign off on them for W.E.P. so they can go work some under the table job, pay no taxes at all, and collect money from the folks who do, all at the same time.

To be honest, as I am all about that, I feel if you are not collecting from the government, if you are not interested in retirement benefits from social security and if you are able to take care of your own life without the help of the US of A your money should be your own but don't ask for what you ain't willing to give.

At Iron Soup we pay our bills, no PIP plans no budget, we work our asses off at yard sales, flea markets, swap meets and whatever it takes so that we can keep our offices open at a current cost of about $700 a month. What do we ask in return, HEY GO TO OUR WEBSITE, SHOP ONLINE AT OUR LINKS, MAYBE THROW US A COUPLE BUCKS IN DONATIONS SO THAT WE CAN PUT MORE PEOPLE TO WORK DOING SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE.

Yea it is great that we are working to place W.E.P. people in paying jobs, it sucks that we have to fund it all. We went from having only one computer running all day, to having three of them running all day. Why? because we are training people on how to use Microsoft Outlook, Access, Power Point and also having them research grants and input data for us.

We also provide lunch for not only our crew, but our W.E.P. crew as well, five days a week. But if you are not a good worker, if you do not have merit, you don't work on our crew so it's worth it to keep our people fed.

We need a grant writer that has a clue, we could use a refrigerator, a freezer, even if they are junk, we can use them. Who else is working on lighting up solar powered street lights in our community. If these lights work like we believe they will, how much money could just Campbell Save by not having to pay for street lighting, if only in the residential neighborhoods.

Oh but heaven forbid we start putting up solar powered lights and homes, what will those oil and gas folks do then if solar, wind, geothermal and other technologies really start to catch on. Sure we see all these commercials about all these oil companies investing in these technologies, but yet they are not going to make any real progress until they are sure they have an infrastructure and a business model that will allow them to CONTINUE MAKING THE MONEY THEY ARE MAKING NOW. Then and only then will we see a real initiative from them to make a change from using fossil fuels.

If we could change all the fuel pumps over in the US right now to electric and I believe even to hydrogen, without costing the fuel companies a fortune out of their massive profits, they would be all for it but they are not for anything at all that will affect that profit margin. Billions upon Billions of dollars is just not enough, they could never live on only Millions and Millions of dollars instead, not even for a couple years. Oh my God to think I could only take ten lavish vacations this year instead of one weekend out of each month. I could never do that to insure the future of the planet. What are we thinking folks, asking them to do that.

The bottom line is Talk is Cheap and again, Irish, ARE YOU CURBSIDE RECYCLING, WHAT TYPE OF VEHICLE DO YOU DRIVE? WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR IMPLEMENTING SOLAR, WIND AND OR OTHER ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY TECHNOLOGIES IN YOUR HOME OR IN YOUR COMMUNITY.

Maybe you would like to make a donation to Iron Soup so we can put up another set of solar panels and add two more solar powered street lights here. It is only costing us about $600 out of pocket to do that, unless someone donates us a couple of good batteries.

It is easy to talk to talk, to complain, to say all the things that are wrong with the world. Doing something about it however is a task for only the few.

We have a lot going on but our street lights will get lit as we will not stop until they do. The panels and the lights, along with all the wiring are already in place, we simply lack a couple good batteries to store the power.

I am please to see that we at least have a couple more participants in this conversation and I hope more people will join. It is time we used our voice, joined together, and became Americans again. If we the people would actually come together we would discover we still hold the power, not the government. They work for us, not the other way around.

Best to all
Tim Sokoloff
Defending the Honor of an America that was.

Towntalk

Rick: Blame most of it on the media such as CNN that scares Seniors every time the topic is brought up as well as the liberal politicians who use it as a political tool at the expense of the Seniors and Vets.

Towntalk

There is an amusing story from the turn of the century.

The county welfare board use to provide those on welfare with vouchers for one pare of shoes at a fixed amount ...$1.00 ... which in those days was a goodly sum ... so a lady receiving one of the vouchers took it to a shoe store on East Federal  Street, and handing it to the shop keeper told him which pair she wanted, but unfortunately that pair cost $2.50, so the shop keeper explained to her that that pair was out of the question.

As chance would have it a member of the welfare board was also in the store and overheard the conversation, and went and got the pair she wanted and returning didn't just hand them to her but actually put them on her feet for her and turning to the shop keeper handed him the extra $1.50.

Needless to say, the shop keeper was amazed at the man, but accepted the money and the lady walked out with her new shoes.

Later that day the shop keeper related the story to a Vindicator reporter friend of his, and the next day the paper ran a story about the event asking why the lady got such special treatment.

Rick Rowlands

I don't know how anyone who is drawing social security or a military disability could be considered to be one of the "entitled".  That is a term reserved for able bodied people receiving government assistance.

Youngstownshrimp

TownTalk, The Entitled we speak of are those who are able bodied and yet produced nothing in their lives. Not the sick, not the handicapped, they can come from the bottom welfare rolls to the highest politician.  You my friend are not who we speak of.

irishbobcat

Just say no to fracking!

Save your land! Save your water!

FRACKING IS BAD FOR ALL!!!!

Tim Sokoloff

Greetings Sir,

I would like to address your questions and concerns.

Retirees have earned their money according to what used to be the American System of rewarding hard work, innovation and a loyalty to our county. Those WERE the days.

I can go on about Unions, their origins and their downfall that took America with it, and generations of parents who couldn't be bothered with their kids, entire families that made a living out of welfare and handouts and the degradation of America for pages.

As for Veterans I can give a list of references to my work with them and personally feel that if you are willing to risk your ass for this country you should be retired upon your return, injured or not. Of course if we still had an America that was productive, we would have all the money we needed to take care of each and every single American Soldier and their families much to the same level as our congress, senate and house leaders take care of theirs but in the New American Lying to your county pays, Dying for it doesn't. Of course I also feel if you are in the US Military in any capacity your drinking age is 18 just like the age you can be sent to die for our SUPPOSED FREEDOM. When those folks come home they should get a car, a house and a monthly check right from the rip.

America however would need to STOP HANDING OUT MONEY TO EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON THE DAMN PLANET AND TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN PROBLEMS FIRST we would have enough money to take care of our own people here. We act like we are a float at the world parade and money and jobs are the candy we throw. We would also have to get the health care profession and the pharmaceutical companies to discontinue the prolonging of curable illnesses in order to keep their business model operating. Not to mention the discontinuation of selling our manufacturing, telemarketing, customer service, technology and a list of other jobs over seas, and stop paying three time the amount of money to send things out of the country as we charge to let them in.

In regards to the terribly unfortunate folks who come down with terrible diseases, are born to unfortunate physical and mental circumstances my heart truly does go out to them, and again if America did what it was supposed to do and got back to being America again we would have the money to take care of our own people and their problems.

Lastly I feel the elderly in America are not getting a fair shake either. While reading about your health problems, which I am sorry to hear about as it makes me wonder what I have to look forward to in my  "Golden Years"

Again I say, especially to the frackers, you are not doing a thing to help America so get off the communist crap,  it is those "CAPITALISTS" that you are so proud of that sold us out to China, Europe, Japan India and so on so that we don't have any money to take care of our own people.  Not to mention I don't have a lot of faith in people who are not native to a place feigning such concern for the customs and values. So don't throw up the Flag of American Honor to defend over seas interest. It is bad enough our people are already over their dying to protect someone else's revenue base.

So let me define my first hand experiences with my definition of the entitled;

A guy who is fine, mentally and physically, has a woman, three kids, plays video games all day, isn't interested in a real job, definitely wouldn't work at McDonalds etc., but is happy to have a 40 once of beer in his hand at 10AM if he can collecting benefits from ODJFS.

Single woman, no kids,  smart, healthy, but to interested in partying to get a job, also a collector of benefits.

Kid who's family put him on SSI from an early age because he was "Mentally Challenged" well the mentally challenged kid worked on cars like a pro from the time he was seven, made plenty of under the table money all his life, and now is a big fat entitled free money collecting milking the system drug doing and selling monster, who can take a car apart and put it back together twice in one day, but hey, he is not ABLE to work because of his "Handicapp"

Guys who show up here for the W.E.P. program who are making a fair living OR BETTER at their "Independent Employment" jobs and want us to sign off on their program so they can collect both ways.

Of course the Union Guy who "Can't get fired" even though he is an unproductive as a broken timing belt because he is in "The Union" is also entitled. Sorry the concept was good to protect the American WORKER, but lost it's way somewhere along the line. Now there are two many liquid lunch, just slide by people working for the same wage those who really built America are getting paid. 

America was founded on the principle that productivity, innovation and hard work should be rewarded and since we are going to TAKE YOUR MONEY THAT YOU ALREADY EARNED AND PUT IT IN A BANK ACCOUNT FOR YOU SO WHEN YOU GET OLDER AND DECIDE YOU ARE TIRED OF WORKING YOU CAN STOP AND STILL HAVE AN INCOME, THAT MONEY SHOULD STILL ACTUALLY BE THERE.

I am sure my opinion of the entitled varies from that of my colleagues but it is what it is. Someone somewhere though has to say enough is enough, it is time to take a stand against all that is wrong with America and try to do something right for it. Oh but how dare I say let's be proud Americans and stand up for the values the founding fathers were hoping to instill. I might be offending someone who came here from some other country and doesn't want to accept our American Values and Ideals, and will be happy to tell you so as long as you can speak their language because they probably can't speak ours that well.

Well there is my rant for the day and I hope that I have answered your questions adequately. Myself and my crew believe in what is right and what is fair, and to those who abuse and take advantage of that system, well it's whiskey for my men and beer for my horses, or at least that is how is should be.

Best Regards
Tim Sokoloff
Iron Soup Historical Preservation Company Team Lead

Towntalk

Question for Ron, Tim and Rick

I graduated High School in 1958 and from that point on until 2002 I worked in the private sector except for 2 years devoted to working with a church organization both in the states and Canada. In 2002 I was forced to retire for health reasons.

Well here it is, 2011 and at 72 years of age and only just this past couple of weeks I have kept myself to myself never seeing a doctor. I finally had eye surgery to get rid of a cataract that left me blind in one eye.

You keep talking about "the entitled" in harsh terms and I must assume that you include those retirees on Social Security, as well as the handicapped, and yes even those war veterans that were so wounded in battle that they can not work as well as those with MD and MS, blindness or any other physical  or mental disability that prevents them from being productive citizens.

Don't get me wrong, I know all too well that there are those that are milking the system for all they're worth, and I have as much contempt for them as you do, but remembering that there are those who are in the same boat that I find myself in I try to be specific, or at least as specific as I possably can in my statements of condemnation.

You guys are doing great work and I applaud you, but to be as harsh as you are while at the same time seeking public support for your projects is a real turnoff for those of us who would otherwise like to help you to the best of our ability and means.

Have a great and productive day.

Youngstownshrimp

I am still amazed at how a community of stakeholders have really come together with Gomarcellusshale.com and have put together a network of population that is a powerhouse of voices and citizenry that can pull together to create true debate and gain knowledge.  Sadly, you look at all the social networks here in Youngstown and you see no cohesion, miniscule participation and massive bloviating by a few communist who have zero production and pork salaries.  Again, unbelievable how many Apple pie true Americans are still out there en masse and I like it!

Tim Sokoloff

Of course there is a lot of activity on the fracking site. Birds of a feather and all of that. It is easy to make money when you have no recourse for people, for life, for the planet and for anyone who gets in your way. I lived that life once and oddly enough I was doing much better financially than most of the little frackers in this valley, and honestly I think I was in a better profession, albeit illegal, I certainly had a better business ethic than those who would rape the planet, rob from the poor and give to the rich, and have no concern at all for anything or anyone other than the dead presidents our lame ass government prints on the worthless pieces of paper they put out.

It amazes me to what lengths people will go to though to get those worthless pieces of paper from an entity that has a deficit that is ... I don't know, three times the population of the planet now at least. You go boys and girls. Just remember that CHINA OWNS YOUR ASS. In the meantime here is a little news from the front where good people who are trying to make positive change are working.

After only a month and a half of having W.E.P. workers on our site we may have placed our first program member into a paying job, thus taking them out of the entitled system, and putting them into the tax paying system. I wonder if any one else, who ever had W.E.P. workers, was placing their best people in jobs, or simply keeping them in the system so they could use them to work for them for free.

I have not been on here in a while because unlike the majority of the Capitalist population I am working my ass off to bring some true positive change to our valley not working my ass off to rape and pillage it.

I can tell you that as I read the reports, scientific evidence and information on fracking I dislike those involved more and more. The thing that really kills me is fracking is making more and more oil and natural gas available here in our own country, SO WHERE THE $(%* IS THE PRICE BREAK AT THE GAS PUMPS?

I am being told more and more lately, as I am more and more speaking my mind and blatantly pointing out those who are less than admirable in their behavior and beliefs, that I am an ass. So if you are a thief and I call you a thief, I am an ass, if you are a liar, a con artist, a cheat, a lowlife or any other type of scoundrel and I point you out to your piers, to the public or to the authorities, I am an ass. Well so be it, an ass I will be. I would dime out my own kids if they aren't doing the right thing as I lived a life where I was bailed out of every mess I got myself in, that is how I ended up doing almost four years in the joint because no one ever bothered to make me do the right thing. In the same sense when you are only interested in monetary gain regardless of the cost or consequences to the environment, the people living in these areas, or the planet as a whole you are a despicable lowlife. 

I can tell you that in my neighborhood the useless owners, scumbags and dirtballs are now cutting more grass than every before, buildings are getting painted, even ones that Iron Soup does not own, and the drama level of people getting drunk, acting like fools, and selling drugs in the middle of the street have SERIOUSLY DECLINED and will continue to do so. We work with our local law enforcement, we have a neighborhood watch and we put the bad guys on notice as we are not afraid. They can't bring anything our way we have not encountered before and we reserve our right as Americans to protect our homes, our families and our lives by whatever means necessary and the bad guys know it. 

So Ron, I love you personally man I really do, outside of the business world you are a great guy, one of the best, but on a business level you and your fracking buddies are an scourge upon this earth that needs to be removed.

You all can talk till you are blue in the face, and tell whatever unsubstantiated lies you desire, but we all know that business leaps first and looks later with no concern of what the consequences are as long as the money flows. Mark the words of the true scientific community that this will be a bad thing and no one will do a thing about it until it is to late.

In the meantime if anyone wants to see a group of people that are REALLY DOING SOMETHING GREAT NOT ONLY FOR OUR COMMUNITY BUT THE PLANET AS A WHOLE VISIT WWW.IRONSOUP.COM  as we are now only days away from lighting our first SOLAR POWERED STREET LIGHTS IN THE VALLEY AS FAR AS WE KNOW.

To the Marcellus Shale People   "GO FRACK YOURSELVES"

Best of Luck
Tim Sokoloff
Defender of History and Protector of the Environment.

Youngstownshrimp

Man!  "Gomarcellusshale.com" seems to have more viewers than the shrinking population of Youngstown.  And, there is more info and discussion on the massive onslaught of the oil companies into Youngstown, without a peep from the entitled who have no clue what is happening in their mist.  This is very interesting, the capitalist are moving right in and taking over while the "takers" are throwing each other under the bus.  "Long live free enterprise!!!!!!"

Tim Sokoloff

So know that the name calling and childlike behavior is out of the way I have a few questions.

Ron which one of these sites is all this alleged activity happening on where so many people are "in favor" of your planetary destruction. Would that be

http://gomarcellusshale.com/

or maybe http://shaleblog.com/category/marcellus-shale/

because I have been analyzing posts, data and information from those sources as well as many others that have come up under google results through various key word queries and have discovered the following.

With the exception of the scientists who are part of the Oil community science in general has damned fracking as a serious hazard to the planet.

On the blogs more average people are against than are for fracking. Funny how just like when the attempt was made to fish out our back yard it is only those who will PROFIT from it that are in favor of it, leaving the average person who has nothing to gain out in the cold with no voice as in America money has always been the deciding factor, not the majority opinion.

Funny how some people use the word entitled. I think that the lazy no good sit around do nothing people collecting an unworthy check from our hard earned tax dollars are no better than the wealthy who use everyone they can to achieve their goals and do what they want regardless of what the community wants as a whole.

To bad there are not more people like myself that are involved in this in the areas that fracking will destroy and wreak havoc on who are smart enough and able enough to take a stand and put a stop to what is wrong regardless of the amount of money, power or clout behind the endeavor. Ill bet if the literally thousands of people who are against this would suddenly unite and come out to protest, complain and legally harass those who would poison our lands and waterways and put the very earth our homes and business sit on at risk, this whole endeavor would suffer quite nicely.

We are the people, we do have the power and we can exercise it, unfortunately we have all become a bunch of complacent whiners who think crying about it on the internet is really going to make a difference.

The Marcellus Shale folks should be glad I am already fighting one war and don't have the time or energy for two.

Ron I give you this, you are a true leader, coordinator and motivator and I will say again that I consider you and your wife to be very good friends and I would do anything to help you aside from anything that has to do with oil production, but be glad that I already have a charge to take care of or I would have to rise to the occasion and lead the majority of our counties to band together against this.

Unlike some folks, as you know I am not a talker I am a doer and this week I will be doing the final things necessary to light the way to a better future for Mahoning Valley. Our grand opening is close at hand along with the lighting of some very special street lamps. Again I implore those reading these words to get behind an organization that has only one motivation. The betterment of our county, our state, and our nation.

With that said I hope to hear about where all these positive comments are being made as I would like to post some comments of my own, that is unless the oil folks are afraid of some intellectual debating.

I also hope that everyone will continue to visit www.ironsoup.com and utilize one of our many ways to help us. Also we have more photos and information on our facebook page which is accessable from our website that we have not had a chance to put on the website yet.

We so often forget our past, who we are and where we came from.

Where is our community that innovated so many new things, that had the grandest hotel in all of Ohio, that had its own amusement park because we were so progressive. Where are our inventors, motivators and leaders that would not hesitate to get behind the newest thing just on a chance it could make a difference? Look what we have become.

I say in closing, ask not what your community is doing for you, tell us what you are doing for your community.

Let's find a way to be proud to be American again.

Best Regards
Tim Sokoloff
Iron Soup Historical Preservation Company

AllanY2525

Just say NO to "Show me the post"

LOL

:D

Youngstownshrimp

Rick,  More like the "Village Idiot" if you ask most of us.

"It is time to celebrate!"