News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Wealth Gap Widens

Started by irishbobcat, July 26, 2011, 07:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

Quote from: Dan Moadus on July 27, 2011, 01:45:24 PM
Another bogus article posted by Dennis.  Part of the point it tries to make is that a study of census data show that the recession has affected the poor and minorities dis-proportionally. Seems to me the recession  began long after the census was taken.

That aside, the good news is that studies also show that minorities who accept any kind of employment, work hard, and value education do very well in our society. Unfortunately too many of them don't.

My mistake. I forgot that we just had a census in 2010. My second point still stands however.

Dan Moadus

Another bogus article posted by Dennis.  Part of the point it tries to make is that a study of census data show that the recession has affected the poor and minorities dis-proportionally. Seems to me the recession  began long after the census was taken.

That aside, the good news is that studies also show that minorities who accept any kind of employment, work hard, and value education do very well in our society. Unfortunately too many of them don't.