News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Tell Your State Senator To Vote No On HB 159

Started by irishbobcat, June 27, 2011, 02:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

the voter id is not free to the ohio citizens, this expense will come out of the state's budget fund. quess who is going to pay for these free state id badges? the oh tazpayers. the vindy did an anti editorial on hb 159 in their sunday's edition.

Dan Moadus

Dennis says, "Not too many dem ol blackies got automobiles. Dey too fraid of de po-lease."

irishbobcat

Conservatives.....always backing the super rich before taking up sides for minorities and the poor......

history shows this time and time again......

Rick Rowlands

If a person cannot be inconvenienced to obtain a FREE state issued ID card to vote, well then that person is not taking that right very seriously and by extension we can assume that the person has not taken the time to fully understand the issues and candidates. 

The liberals are the ones who make distinctions between races and income levels.  Conservatives do not.  The liberals are always the ones crying race because it is always first and foremost on their minds, the true definition of a racist.

sfc_oliver

So my wife is a disenfranchised voter? And poor?

I do not attack anyone.

What I support is people being responsible citizens. And I believe part of that is voting, legally.

Show me the person who needs assistance in getting a valid photo ID and I'll be happy to assist them in getting one. There are very few excuses to not have one. Very very few.

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

It's still targeting disinfranchised voters, Sarge.....You support another attack on the poor by the rich conservatives....

sfc_oliver

Excuse me? Not all blacks have drivers licenses? Really? I have some startling news for you Dennis, not all of any group of people have a drivers license. My wife being one of them. But she does have a Federal issued photo ID. And she wants to stop at DMV and get a state issued ID. I think it costs $7.50 or something like that....

There is no excuse but a poor excuse not to have a photo ID these days.

irishbobcat

Dan, you conservatives are the racist bunch....you know not all blacks have driver's licenses...the most common type of voter ID......

Yes, disinfranchise the black vote....the folks who won't vote for you conservatives......

Yes, you conservatives want to bring back Jim Crow......why don't you folks bring back slavery while you're at it.....

iwasthere

photo id is another way that the state is going to make money off us voters. doesn't this bill require a state issued card and other photo id is invalid. some critics say this another poll tax.

Dan Moadus

Nice try Dennis, but you didn't answer my question did you? We know the answer though. Liberals like you are racists. When you whine about how requiring photo ID's would dis-enfranchise people, you mean blacks don't you? Because you know they predominantly vote for Liberals, and you think they are too irresponsible or stupid to get a photo ID. While we conservatives don't make such distinctions. We don't see any reason why blacks wouldn't have a photo ID. and don't see why anyone would be disenfranchised.

irishbobcat

Why don't you conservatives just re-enact the Jim Crow Laws and get it over with.....

Dan Moadus

Quote from: irishbobcat on July 13, 2011, 11:15:28 AM
funny...didn't need an ID for ages.........how did people vote for you Dan??????
What's the problem Dennis, wouldn't having to present a photo ID effect everyone equally? And why are liberals more concerned about this than conservatives?

sfc_oliver

Seems like I've been asked for an Id at least the last 2 times I've voted...... Year before last the lady was confused over accepting my Retired Military ID or not. I love the response I get with that sometimes.

irishbobcat

funny...didn't need an ID for ages.........how did people vote for you Dan??????

Dan Moadus

So, "iwasthere", do you think people ought to just be able to vote without identifying themselves? And if not, just how do you think they should have to identify themselves? And just why do you think having to present a photo ID would quash the vote? And why do you think it would quash the vote for only a certain segment of our society? Wouldn't it quash everyone's vote? Wouldn't it quash Republican votes as much as Democrat votes? What are you worried about?