News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Adult Swim At North Side Pool

Started by jay, June 07, 2011, 06:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Because of behavioral problems with youngsters swimming at Borts Pool,  many west side residents lobbied to keep the pool closed.

penguinnick

I live in Pittsburgh so this doesn't concern me, but I can't believe how ridiculously cheap it is to swim at Youngstown city pools ($1.50 adults & $1.00 children).  Youngstown needs to charge more, essentially to help with upkeep.  In Pittsburgh if you want to swim at a city pool: one visit it's $4.00; an adult pass is $30.00; a pass for those 15 years - 4 years is $15.00; under three is free; and for a family of four it's $60.00.  The lifeguards at Pittsburgh pools are very professional, the few times I swam at a Youngstown pool I felt bad for the lifeguards, the kids were completely out of control. 

jay

Residents on the north side would like some feedback as to if there is any interest in the members of the Park Side Neighbors having an "Adult Swim" at the pool.  Admission would be only $5.00 with four of those dollars going toward the "Pool Fund" to help the City and the neighborhood.

The purpose is to enjoy the pool after hours and to raise a little bit of money to help with the upkeep and renovations at the pool.  For example, the pool needs more benches and umbrella stands for the parents to sit on while watching their children at the pool.