News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A "Sunflower Butter And Jelly Sandwich" At YSU For Earth Day

Started by jay, April 18, 2011, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

Yuk - trans fats  -- doesn't everything have them these days?  sounds like it could possibly be made with canola oil at home with a food processor.  I'm in and will experiment. Need to remember to buy the seeds.  Thanks Shrimp.

Youngstownshrimp

The only problem with sunflower butter is it has a lot of hydrogenated oil to preserve it.  The Village Pantry has been selling the butter for years, just thought I might help.

ForumManager

It sounds wonderful - I wonder how much sugar is added.

jay

I believe the chef was indicating that the lunch did not require any cooking.  I'm also under the impression that the lunch may be at the Earth Day event outside of Kilcawley.

I've never tasted sunflower butter.  This butter is offered as an alternative for those with nut allergies.

ForumManager

sunflower butter sounds  really good. 
How is it that the lunch is fuel free? 
Trucks carry everything these days.

jay

I just heard on the radio that the chef from Pete's Place will have a "fuel free lunch" for Earth Day featuring many items including a Sunflower Butter and Jelly Sandwich.