News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Question for Allan

Started by jay, January 21, 2016, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Spring is around the corner.

jay

Thanks for sharing your photos.

We had some snow flurries in Youngstown, but that was about all.

AllanY2525

One more photo.... this is my front yard and the truck in the driveway. 

The fence around my front yard is about 38 or 40 inches high.

AllanY2525

I live about 15 miles from downtown Washington, DC.  We got hit.... H-A-R-D.  I've basically been
holed up in the house since Friday evening.  I have a 4 wheel drive truck, but the snow is so deep
that many 4 wheel drive vehicles are stuck just the same as the cars.

Here in Rockville, we got over 22 inches of snow on average, with some drifts over 4 feet high. 
Some of the suburbs to the north of here (ie: Gaithersburg, MD) got over 30 inches of snow
on average.

Here's a couple of photos I took this evening, after we finished digging out for the day - lots
more shoveling to do tomorrow and the next day.  The county has not yet plowed my neighborhood,
only a couple of the major roads through this sub-division so far......

My dog stands just a little bit short of 24 inches high at the shoulder, just to give you an idea
of how deep the snow is in my front yard right now.  The table on the wooden deck in back of my
house is 32 inches high... and that weird looking copper loop on the white mast is my shortwave
antenna.

We were lucky in that no power outages occurred in the local area.... I had charged up every
rechargeable battery and device I own Thursday night and Friday morning, and had a couple
12 Volt DC to 125 Volt AC power converters standing by just in case I had to use the truck as
an emergency power source for the house.  I've had to do this in the past, and fortunately
the truck can support about 6000 watts worth of converters while the engine is running.

jay

jay

Allan,

I believe you live on the east coast. 

Please tell us if the blizzard hits your area.