News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The PBS mayoral debate tonight

Started by jay, September 22, 2005, 07:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOLOCH

- ALLOT OF PEOPLE NOW KNOW THINGS THEY DIDN'T KNOW BEFORE -

- EVEN MORE WILL LEARN BEFORE THE END-

- WHAT ELSE IS THERE FOR US TO LEARN?-

- ANTICIPATION -

-I LOVE IT -

;D

ytowner

I am not lying. I went down to YSU to check out the new Rec Center so I decided to talk with students in the building. They all watched it because they gave me quotes of the candidates.

"THINK ABOUT IT" MAGGY HAS NO SHOT AT ALL!

Its Jay-Hagan. And you; I; and all the citizens of Youngstown know that.

Vote Jay.

MOLOCH

THE APPLAUSE CAME FROM SOME OF THE STUDENTS AND TEACHERS WHO ATTENDED (NOT WATCHED) THE DEBATE. I ALSO NEVER PRESUMED WHO THEY ARE VOTING FOR.

CONSIDERING HOW YOU (MONITOR) YOUR WEB SITE ( DON'T LET ANYTHING THAT DISAGREES WITH YOUR VIEWPOINT ON) I UNFORTUNATELY CAN NOT BELIEVE ANY OF YOUR "POLLING" STATEMENTS

YES MAGGY IS ANGRY - SHE IS ANGRY THAT THIS CITY HAS BEEN "SCREWED" FOR SO LONG - THAT IS WHY SHE IS RUNNING - SHE IS TIRED OF SEEING IT DONE WRONG! SHE IS DOING SOMETHING ABOUT CHANGING THAT BY MAKING SURE EVERYONE IS INFORMED ON WHAT IS HAPPENING, THAT IN ITS SELF IS ALREADY HELPING YOUNGSTOWN! ;D WHICH IS HER PRIMARY GOAL!

ytowner

I decided to go down to YSU today to ask some kids who watched the debate what they saw.

I talked with around 22 students; 20 from the area.

18 of them said the points Jay presented with the campaign based on Youngstown 2010 would be best. They said if we want the plan to work, we need a man who would work most with it.

3 of them said Hagan be best. They told me they were really liberal but they said Jay brought good points but they said Hagan's points to fight for the Residents would be best. They said his track record would not be beat.

The other lone woman said Mr. Teagues be best. She shared my POV that students like her make up the future of the area. He wants to clean the streets up; she is from out of town; and she says she considers staying here because she loves it but if the crime DOES NOT Improve that won't happen. She wants a candidate to work most with the students.

I wanted to make sure I asked them about Maggie. 19 of the 22 said her points were to pessimistic and she sounded angry during the forum. They said her points to improve the problems she stated were few and far between and they all agreed that her closing statement; leaving her notes at the desk hurt her even more. They all said that left them with a bad impression of her.

Now that is from the college mind. 18 of 22 Are between 20-22 years old. 4 of them are 25-30 and came back for their masters.

MOLOCH

FOR MAGGY'S 2 TEAM VOTING SECTION TO HAVE BEEN THE ONES CLAPPING, THEY WOULD HAD TO HAVE HAD MORE ARMS THAN AN OCTOPUS. THE PROFESSORS AND STUDENTS OF YSU WERE APPLAUDING. IT IS NICE YOU LOVE JAY SO MUCH YOU THINK HE WON, WHICH PROVES THE STATEMENT - LOVE IS BLIND. YOU DON'T WANT EVERYONE IN THE DEBATES TO TRY AND KEEP THE CITIZENS OF YOUNGSTOWN FROM HEARING THE VIEWS OF THE CANDIDATES THAT DON'T HAVE ALLOT OF MONEY. WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE INFORMED OF ALL OF OUR CHOICES NOT JUST THE ONES WITH MONEY! MAGGY IS NO JOKE - AND NOW MORE PEOPLE KNOW OF HER AND HER VIEWS. I, LIKE YTOWNNEWSANDVIEWS AM BIAS AND THINK MY CANDIDATE "MAGGY" WON! WHAT WE NEED IS AN OPINION FROM SOMEONE WHO HAD NOT DECIDED WHO THEY WERE VOTING FOR BEFORE THE DEBATE.

ytowner

I taped it and I watched a few questions over again and I still am wondering What and How?

First off I'd think it be best if its just JAY-HAGAN next debate. This was obsurd. No one wants to no the opinion of soon to be losers. Maggie-Gilmartin-Kornchak-Teagues-THAT MEANS YOU!

Secondly Maggie should just shut up now. She is a JOKE. I truly think she has something wrong with her. She wants to do whatever to steal votes from Hagan and Jay. This won't happen. She went on and on and on with the past problems of the city; well hunny you are running for our future; and until you get a plan; you won't take more than 3% of the vote. I would also like to ask Ms. Patty why she has to clap to her stupid comments. I did not need to hear her 2 team voting section clap.

Misc. Info::  I think Jay won the debate pretty handily. He just had the right answers for the questions. Everyone else would studder or look through notes; he was up on the info for the City and it showed tonight. He was impressive.

Hagan needs better ideas. Every question he says he wants to get the police better because its weak; well in his opening statement you said our Police Force is doing a great job. Then you go ON and ON and On taking up EVERY Second you can to get that face of yours on the TV. Maybe you get some practical idea's then maybe I would vote for you.

After watching it I'd vote for Jay. If not Jay; Mr. Teague's. I may sound like an idiot for saying that; but our future is our kids and all his points were directed toward his kids.

jay

Which candidate impressed you the most during the PBS 45 & 49 debate this evening?